Sprint Removing Discounts "Break Your Contract"

It's not changing the contract, and the contract specifically states that any discounts may be removed at any time. You sign the contract for the plan price and the add-a-line price, anything else is gravy on top of it.

That being said, it's NOT a huge deal. So you won't save that 10-27% on your $10 or $20 add a line. Essentially, your bill goes up $1-$5 for each additional line over the 2nd, and it brings them more in line with the other big 3 companies. Still have better discounts though, since AT&T doesn't discount add-ons (I think it was either texts or data, one got discounted though) and Verizon doesn't either.

Edit: Does it suck? Yeah, every little bit helps these days. But is it a dealbreaker? No, not really.

It's not changing the contract, and the contract specifically states that any discounts may be removed at any time. You sign the contract for the plan price and the add-a-line price, anything else is gravy on top of it.

That being said, it's NOT a huge deal. So you won't save that 10-27% on your $10 or $20 add a line. Essentially, your bill goes up $1-$5 for each additional line over the 2nd, and it brings them more in line with the other big 3 companies. Still have better discounts though, since AT&T doesn't discount add-ons (I think it was either texts or data, one got discounted though) and Verizon doesn't either.

Edit: Does it suck? Yeah, every little bit helps these days. But is it a dealbreaker? No, not really.

I don't know about Sprint since I've only had 1 line with Sprint, but with AT&T, I had a 24% discount that applied to the entire bill. If Sprint was the same way, that's a significant difference, IMO.

Edit: Don't know how I missed it, but it seems it's for a specific feature on Sprint, not the same type of discount that I was referring to.

Last edited:

I called yesterday and was able to break my contract with no fee's :D . So Verizon here I come, sprint can keep their shitty service.

So it was materially adverse for you? Or did you just want out?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I was an idiot and switched from Verizon to Sprint because I couldn't stand Verizons locked down phones, that was about a year ago before they got that influx of android phones. Bad move, so I just wanted out. Verizon always had the best service for me, in my area Sprint drops 50% of my calls because of signal fade.

I was an idiot and switched from Verizon to Sprint because I couldn't stand Verizons locked down phones, that was about a year ago before they got that influx of android phones. Bad move, so I just wanted out. Verizon always had the best service for me, in my area Sprint drops 50% of my calls because of signal fade.

That sucks balls. At least there's an out for you! Yay no ETF's!

Worst part is that I was with Verizon for 6 years, my plan was at the lowest I could get it. I made a big mistake.

Worst part is that I was with Verizon for 6 years, my plan was at the lowest I could get it. I made a big mistake.

May I ask why you left? Was the service bad or you just don't like the name(Verizon seems to be the cool kids now)?

Post here if you have success in getting out of your contract because of this change

A little OT, but for those of us stuck on Sprint, anybody know what the next 'big' phone is? I'm eligible for an upgrade either September or October, can't remember. I've got a Pre now, wondering if the EVO is still going to be 'it' or if I should wait for something else around the corner.

May I ask why you left? Was the service bad or you just don't like the name(Verizon seems to be the cool kids now)?

Service was excellent, but I just hated their phones. They didn't have a good selection and the software they put on the phones kept them so locked and restricted. I kept seeing everyone with Iphones and Android phones so I just felt left out so I switched. Then 2 months later Verizon got the Droid. I was so pissed.

A little OT, but for those of us stuck on Sprint, anybody know what the next 'big' phone is? I'm eligible for an upgrade either September or October, can't remember. I've got a Pre now, wondering if the EVO is still going to be 'it' or if I should wait for something else around the corner.

EVO is a great phone, but it's really Sprints ONLY phone. Everything else is pretty lacking. I was hoping for a Windows Phone 7 for Sprint at the end of this year but lately I have been having my doubts. Also Verizon is getting CDMA Iphones soon! Possibly January!

The next big phone from sprint would be the Samsung epic 4g released august 31st.

Back