Sprint Launches Revolutionary $99.99 "Simply Everything" Plan

karrock

Limp Gawd
Sprint Launches Revolutionary $99.99 "Simply Everything" Plan

Plan Defines Simplicity, Offers Customers Unlimited Voice and Data

OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In an industry-defining move, Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced it will launch a domestic unlimited pricing plan that gives customers unlimited voice, data, text, e-mail, Web-surfing, Sprint TVSM, Sprint Music, GPS Navigation, Direct Connect® and Group Connect® for $99.99 a month. The new pricing plan is available to existing and new customers beginning tomorrow.

“This is a bold, unprecedented move,” said Dan Hesse, president and CEO, Sprint Nextel. “Wireless today is about much more than just voice. It is about data services – texting, email, video, pictures, music, navigation, surfing the Web and more. Customers want these applications, but without complexity and without having to worry about their bill. The $99.99 Simply Everything plan delivers it all right to the palm of their hand now.

“Today’s handsets are powerful data devices. Each day they get better, faster and easier to use with more intuitive user interface designs and full Internet access. Our high-speed networks were built with this in mind and it’s where we believe the battleground lies – offering fast access to the best content and data services. We are removing the barriers for customers to feel free to use all of the features of their phones.”

The $99.99 Simply Everything plan is available to customers on both Sprint’s CDMA and iDEN networks. Existing Sprint customers can switch to the Simply Everything plan without extending their current contract either by contacting Sprint customer service or by stopping by any participating Sprint retail location. New line activations require a two-year agreement.

For families, Simply Everything includes an incremental $5 discount for each incremental line, up to five lines on the same bill. For example, two lines would amount to $194.98 ($99.99 + $94.99); a third line would cost an additional $89.99. This is in sharp contrast to the multi-line unlimited rates offered by some competitors. The Sprint plan offers significant savings the more lines a customer adds.

The move to unlimited pricing that includes data signifies a turning point for the wireless industry. Nationally accepted measures of voice quality now show very little, if any, difference among the top wireless providers.

“All major carriers have good voice networks,” Hesse said. “Our network is about more than voice and more than just being the largest wireless data network. It is about allowing customers to connect with people, information and entertainment. It is about simplicity, usability and real value. The $99.99 Simply Everything plan eliminates overage surprises and provides a worry-free environment.

“Our investments in innovation and speed are becoming the new areas of differentiation. These are the areas where we perform best and where we can deliver a wireless advantage for our customers.”

Old news... Verizon. AT&T and Sprint all have unlimited plans now at $99.99.

Looks like Sprint jumped in late to catch up. Verizon announced this last week.... sadly it doesn't work well for a family plan folks who only have two members using the phones.

Looks like Sprint jumped in late to catch up. Verizon announced this last week.... sadly it doesn't work well for a family plan folks who only have two members using the phones.
My mother & father are on a family share plan... two voyagers on unlimited national access basic (or whatever lowest level is) + VCast for like $140 a month, I believe they said. I was surprised.
Mine's only $50 a month, the lowest plan available + VCast + 250 txt.

Edit: realize, both my father and I get 15% off of our plan pricing due to where we work.

Big difference here though is to get everything that is in the Sprint plan would cost $150 from Verizon. Text and Data is included which is not included in the base plans from Verizon and AT&T. I also noticed that Navigation is included also which is normally $10 a month.

Uh, think again.

Sprint has EVERYTHING on that $99 plan, the other places only have voice. Additional items cost extra.

I could see this is a good deal with you lived where Sprint and Nextel service actually works....but that wouldn't include any areas I live/work/travel too. Horrible horrible service along the east cost areas.

Also, Verizon does infact have the same $99 unlimited plan that includes everything, but that may not be available to non-business customers.

It's cool and all, but would be a lot better if there was a add a line for $10 or something so my wife and I could share it.

I'm not gonna drop $200 for 2 lines.

sprint has some great deals between this and SERO. Normally, I'd probably not go with Sprint, but since I can roam on Verizon's network for free, well, now I get the best of all worlds. Cheap Sprint plan, Verizon's excellent coverage (in my area, at least), and sweet, sweet EVDO.

hmm maybe i should switch

im paying 145.00 a month for 2100 anytime mins + 200txt + unlimited Iphone web data... :(:( (ATT)

No, Sprint does not include phone as a modem as part of their data plan. It must be purchased separately. You can, however, hack your phone to enable it...
i tried that but i couldn't find a driver for my phone ;)

anyways does this plan include pam?

So are you saying that Sprint customers roam on Verizons netowk for free? If this is the case, I might jump ship since my contract with Verizon is up and I'm paying $105 for voice and data (500min plan).

I have the 500 minute SERO plan with Sprint. It includes:
500 anytime minutes
no roaming for voice or data
unlimited nights/weekend and holidays
unlimited mobile to mobile
unlimited data
unlimited SMS (which was added for free with a little creative complaining)
unlimited data
equipment protection (in case of loss or breakage, $50.00 deducatable)

I pay $37.00 a month with taxes; I can't complain...

500 anytime minutes
unlimited data
unlimited data

Wow, that's way better than my sister's Verizon employee plan.
Damn, I should work for Sprint.
Or AT&T so I can get an iPhone....

Wow, that's way better than my sister's Verizon employee plan.
Damn, I should work for Sprint.
Or AT&T so I can get an iPhone....

Anybody can get SERO with a Sprint employees email address or the several generic ones that are out and about on the internet.

Good grief, this thread really proves that people don't know how to read thoroughly.

I guess if Sprint had good service this would be revolutionary...it just upsets that me that people are willing to spend less for shit service...I'd personally rather pay more money for a more quality service. Think about it, cell service is like your PSU, would you skimp out on that?

I don't care about sprint in this instance but it's AWESOME that they're starting some price war shit. I hope there are some crazy deals by the end of this deal/beginning of next.

They were the first to redo unlimited. Everyone elce then did it but at a lower rate so they went back and lowered theirs.

I guess if Sprint had good service this would be revolutionary...it just upsets that me that people are willing to spend less for shit service...I'd personally rather pay more money for a more quality service. Think about it, cell service is like your PSU, would you skimp out on that?

Sprint has customer service issues, that's a given, but their coverage is fine. I've used it in Florida, NYC, NJ, MS, LA, CA, TX and WI and I couldn't get service in 2 places:
a friends house in a tiny town in LA and in the subways of manhattan (2001). In the case of NYC, I could get service if I was willing to roam.....I didn't feel the need to talk to anyone while on the train, so I didn't.

If Verizon worked as well as a landline, it still wouldn't be worth 2x as much for a similar plan.

For reference, I'm paying 30 bucks (with tax) for the sero plan mentioned above. The only change is that I get 500 sms instead of unlimited....which is around 490 more than I use in a typical month.

And as bad as teh CS can be, is it really any worse than AT&T? At least I can talk to someone on a Sunday....can't do that with AT&T.

Now u go to school and learn to read..
Sprint includes: TXT, video, gps, etc for that price, with Verizon similar plan would run about $170..

So are you saying that Sprint customers roam on Verizons netowk for free?

Most of the new Sprint phones are CDMA, the same network Verizon uses. The iDen/Nextel stuff wont roam on Verizon, but if you have one of the CDMA phones, they will.

This plan isn't good for me. I've got a family plan and it would basically triple our current bill. ugh.

Depends. In my area the only provider with better coverage is verizon and generaly not but much. Sprint has great coverage and good speeds on their evdo network. No real reason not to go with them unless you get a better deal with verizon.

None of the big phone companies are known for great support.

I miss their old $99 plan when they first rolled out their vision services.

$99 for 2000 minutes, unlimted text, unlimited data and a free add a line.

I have the same plan orgeonlan posted, and it's great. I use my phone as a modem with no issues, and get near dsl speeds. With WMWifirouter you don't even need a cable anymore:cool: and have a mobile wifi access point.

500 anytime minutes
unlimited data
unlimited data

So are you saying that Sprint customers roam on Verizons netowk for free? If this is the case, I might jump ship since my contract with Verizon is up and I'm paying $105 for voice and data (500min plan).

I have the same plan as OregonLAN, and the roaming is free, but I only pay <$35 :p. I would double-check the fine print whenever you sign on, though, as plans can change.

My mother & father are on a family share plan... two voyagers on unlimited national access basic (or whatever lowest level is) + VCast for like $140 a month, I believe they said. I was surprised.
Mine's only $50 a month, the lowest plan available + VCast + 250 txt.

Edit: realize, both my father and I get 15% off of our plan pricing due to where we work.

I will have to double check it out. Verizons website stated that if you want one phone its $99 and if you want unlimited on the family plan it's $199 and $10 or something for each line after that.

I do get a good discount, I believe 20%, but even then, it's still around $160 bucks... kinda sucks. Still a good deal, but sucks if you have more than one line due to things such as your car having a phone, which is my case.

Around 1AM last night I determined that I really needed a new phone. Right now I have a medicore Motorola flip phone with 0 bells and whistles, however I just pay for it month to month until I find something better. Anyway, I just worked a bunch of overtime, I was crazy tired at 1AM, and this was looking good. I tried to order this plan last night on a Blackberry 8830 with the online ordering, and failed miserably. The plan was simply not available duing the checkout process. Then this morning I smartened up and realized its good to have no contract. Good job Sprint, way to launch a new plan then not make it available to willing buyers...

Back