Spellforce 2 demo out/screenies (Awesome RPG/RTS hybrid).

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
I don't know if anyone else played the first one, but it was pretty neat.

The second one is awesome though, imo better then the first. It doesn't hurt that the game simply looks simply gorgeous aswell.

Demo -
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/spellforce2/sf2_demo.zip.html

Screenies (Just some taken fairly early on in the demo, didn't get to play fully through it yet).

spellforce2s1.jpg

spellforce2s2.jpg

spellforce2s3.jpg

spellforce2s4.jpg

spellforce2s5.jpg

spellforce2s6.jpg

spellforce2s7.jpg

spellforce2s8.jpg

spellforce2s9.jpg

spellforce2s10.jpg

spellforce2s11.jpg

spellforce2s12.jpg

spellforce2s13.jpg

spellforce2s15.jpg

Basically the game plays like an RTS/rpg. You can view it from an isometeric RTS style, or go into a third person behind your character type of view (camera is fully under your control by right clicking).

You have "hero" units (The three main units you see with my character, the blonde guy) which gain in lv along with you and you can have a say in what equipment/skills they learn/use.

The other units are bascially RTS style units you command to build/gather. Which works like most usual RTS games. Eventually you can amass your own army and duke it out however you'd like.

It has Securom, I think, not Starforce for protection, silly me. :(

Doesn't matter, I have a third PC I lug around to LAN parties, I'll install it on that. I can't deny myself this (I liked the first one a lot) and Gothic 3 just because they use Star Force. Now... if say 100,000 people signed a petition, that'd be different... but these games don't sell that well anyways, I'm going to support the developer.

Those screen shots look good though. :)

Back