Speakers of Headphones?

Which do you use?

• Speakers

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Headphones

Votes: 28 39.4%

• Total voters
personally I use speakers cause I love the vibration from the explosions :) Plus you can utilize surround sound better then a headphone which swallows your ear. Course if you use a mic, your obviously using cans.

there should be an option for both. i use peakers for games like half life 2, WoW, guild wars, UT2k4...i use headphones for CS and CS....

both, though more often than not, I'm wearing headphones

Ugh, tough question. I use both really.

I use speakers during the day and especially when I have friends over and stuff. At night or during important matches and stuff I use my headphones because they isolate noise better and have better positioning.

speakers durin the day.
headphones during the night.

dont wanna wake anybody ;p

speaers/sub until 10:00pm then the sennheiser headphones come out to play (damn "quiet hours" at my house and college)

Headphone is all have have. Maybe if I ever bothered to hook the speaker amps back up I'd use speakers...but my Headphone is good for now.

Why am I saying headphone you ask?

Cause I bought cheap ass shitty ass crappy ass god damn stupid ass Koss UR/29s.

Of which, The right ear muff fell off, I had to engineer a new bracket so the left one wouldn't break.

Keep in mind this is the third set I've gone through, with the same exact problem.. Got tired of paying KOSS 12 dollars every 3 months just to repalce the damn things under warrenty.

Its a design flaw, you can look...the critical junction that takes the most stress in the assembly is a thin piece of plastic, thin as a piece of paper...and worse yet, the integrity of the area is further weakend by the fact that they put two big ass screws through it.

er..

[/rant]

Headphones 24/7

They havent yet devolped headhpones that can quite my yelling tho....
"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PEAK!!!!! YOU GOT US ALL NADED YOU DUMB FUCK"
Then my mom comes down stairs :(
used to happen every scrim, cant control my anger well

Headphones - I'm almost always using TeamSpeak when playing FPSs. (Plus my wife hates the explosion noises my subwoofer makes.)

klipsch 4.1

for talking to my friend instead of teamspeak out comes the cell phone

Speakers almost always. The two exceptions are when my wife is doing something on her comp and my noise interferes, and Doom3. The D3 experience was radically improved when wearing headphones.

Actually 3rd exception also, headphones always at LAN parties.

If you've ever competed, you know you HAVE to use headphones. What you hear with them is much better than speakers.

I use HD 280 Pros. They muffle most loud outside sounds and they keep the sound inside even up to the highest levels. Many times my mom has come to talk to me and I've got some loud song blasting that just screams "FUCK" and she has never heard it. :p I like my privacy with these. -_- These things are really loud too. I usually only keep them at one notch in the window's volume control. :eek:

I stopped using my headset as my speakers have much better sound quality. I just drape my headset around my neck to use the mic now.

Back