Soyo 24" lcd REFURB 213.99 shipped

Just ordered one for me, came to $215.99 shipped.. Hope I have as much luck as you other people when it arrives. :)

me 2, will probably get a 24 dollar 2 year warranty after she gets here, should be a nice upgrade from 19 inch tn panel.

no i mean is all u get back the cost of the warranty, or the full price of the item?

AFAIK if they can't fix it you get full purchase price... (of the monitor not the warranty)

Ok so I couldn't resist, I bit. My last one I bought was MVA and has one slightly off color pixel in the bottom right corner (and I mean in the corner) so hoping good luck with this next one! It does get a bit hot (but only on the right side :confused:) I haven't had any trouble with it and iirc my Acer 22" got even hotter! I have used the monitor for 4+ hours at a time and all good, I am thinking about taking the back off tho I'll see what this new one is like.

AFAIK if they can't fix it you get full purchase price... (of the monitor not the warranty)

Ok so I couldn't resist, I bit. My last one I bought was MVA and has one slightly off color pixel in the bottom right corner (and I mean in the corner) so hoping good luck with this next one! It does get a bit hot (but only on the right side :confused:) I haven't had any trouble with it and iirc my Acer 22" got even hotter! I have used the monitor for 4+ hours at a time and all good, I am thinking about taking the back off tho I'll see what this new one is like.

So tempted... I have a Dell 2005FPW from years ago (20" widescreen 1680x1050 with an S-IPS panel), that's still going strong. I'd love the extra size and resolution, but I'm having a hard time even at this great price justifying it to myself :(.

I went through the steps for getting a quote I dont see anywhere on there about accidental?

sweet deal, In for two.
Yeah yeah I know it's not the greatest monitor but I think they'll do just fine for my Solaris/Ubuntu workstation.

sweet deal, In for two.
Yeah yeah I know it's not the greatest monitor but I think they'll do just fine for my Solaris/Ubuntu workstation.

Actually, they're pretty darn good, and far better than the usual TN garbage most have today (assuming you get the nice MVA version, of course).

no, it's not better than the P-MVA panel in the 24", unless you get the TN version of the 24"

im lost, whats with the P-MVA, TN and all the other talk?
pmva has better viewing angles than tn. tn has better response times. pmva is inbetween tn and sips in terms of screen quality. basically the pmva of the 24 inch is a superb deal before they made it a tn ;).

most large 37 and larger lcd's are of the pmva variety if that helps :)

Just to add to matrix563's explanation, MVA also has a much better color range and quality.

VA screens can naturally product all 16.7 million colors, TN panels can't, they're more in the 300-400k range i believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

question: for the people that ordered it from geeks, did u order it via home delivery (ie the cheapest option?) just wondering, cause you guys are reporting good monitors :)

Ya, I got a 3 yr warranty with accidental for $20 using FIFTYOFF :D I love mine... might actually pick up a second...

Reading the accidental damage protection terms, it only applies to factory-new items, so it more than likely won't apply to the LCD. I've e-mailed them and asked for more info on their warranty (about the accident protection as well as if they cover stuck/dead pixels). I'll update if/when they respond.

Reading the accidental damage protection terms, it only applies to factory-new items, so it more than likely won't apply to the LCD. I've e-mailed them and asked for more info on their warranty (about the accident protection as well as if they cover stuck/dead pixels). I'll update if/when they respond.

I'd love to get three years with accidental for $24, but I wouldn't want to sign up and then find out that it isn't covered because it is a refurb. Holding off on the warranty until I can find out.

Back