Sound Problems? Driver Type?

lost0822

Limp Gawd
just installed this board this week, MSI Diamond Plus, with a new cpu and video card. Everything is working great except i'm having to sound type issues.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=710

In WOW (world of warcraft) i'm having sound issues...not sure if it's the game or not because my other games are working fine. Just seems that some of the sounds are not coming thru....like i'm only getting half of them. I'm wondering if it's maybe because i have the sound set (thru the Creative controller on the board) to 5.1 (i have 5.1 speakers) but the game does not have an option for 5.1 surround......maybe i should just set the sound to surround for WOW instead of 5.1??

Also i can't seem to get my Mic to work well either thru Vent as well as i could with my old board....people are having trouble hearing me.

Anyway...does anyone know where i can find a driver for this Creative Chip?? The Mobo says it has Audigy SE, but then other sites say it's really just Creative's Live! in disguise....i can't find a driver on the Creative site for an Audigy SE.....does MSI provide Sound drivers?

Back