Sony’s confidential PlayStation secrets just spilled because of a Sharpie

erek

[H]F Junkie
Secret revenue details emerge

According to SIE internal surveys, almost half of PlayStation 5 owners in the United States also own a Nintendo Switch, while less than 20% of PlayStation 5 owners in the United States also own an Xbox Series X or S.
Sony isn’t the only one affected by document redaction issues, though. A confidential Microsoft document revealed all of the company’s Xbox acquisition targets earlier this week, and now that document has disappeared and has been replaced with a heavily redacted version.
That one wasn’t redacted with a Sharpie, though.”

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/28/...onfidential-documents-marker-pen-scanner-oops

Secret revenue details emerge

Sony isn’t the only one affected by document redaction issues, though. A confidential Microsoft document revealed all of the company’s Xbox acquisition targets earlier this week, and now that document has disappeared and has been replaced with a heavily redacted version.
That one wasn’t redacted with a Sharpie, though.”

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/28/...onfidential-documents-marker-pen-scanner-oops
The PS5 is out selling the Xbox by a lot, this was a big secret to whom?

Sony says 1 million PlayStation gamers play nothing but Call of Duty.
Lol, I believe it. That's describes my BIL exactly; got a PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5 only to play CoD on them. He buys other games occasionally and might play them once and never again. I give him shit half the time I see him asking if he's been playing his CoDstation 5 or CoDBox Series CoD (dunno why he bought one; he's never touched it) lately. :D

Lol, I believe it. That's describes my BIL exactly; got a PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5 only to play CoD on them. He buys other games occasionally and might play them once and never again. I give him shit half the time I see him asking if he's been playing his CoDstation 5 or CoDBox Series CoD (dunno why he bought one; he's never touched it) lately. :D
My PS5 despite my best intentions ends up being little more than a box for Final Fantasy.
The PC experience for everything else just ends up better… but I do use the PS5 controller on my PC.
2 Switches in the house though.

But everything that isn’t a PS5 or Nintendo exclusive has a PC launch that is usually superior.

Microsoft just needs to make the Xbox a PC already. Have it run a special 'Xbox UI' version of Windows that also allows the full Windows experience or sideload apps to the 'Xbox UI' screen (ala Valve and their SteamOS).

My PS5 is a Final Fantasy box, in my office.
My Xbox series X is for couch gaming.

How many PS5 owners also own a PC? That's the only statistic that matters.
Prolly a lot for the exclusives. I'm one of them, but I own all platforms as well and have stuck to playing on PS5 mostly since it launched out of convenience of playing on my couch. Many PS exclusives I'll buy twice when/if they get ported to PC too, but I'm def not waiting 2-3 years to play them. My PC has been pretty much relegated to FPS games that play much better with KB&M. I prefer a controller for most 3rd person action/adventure games (so I often use a controller on PC as well).

With the state of bad PC ports for the past couple years, I don't think I'm missing much on PC and it's nice to not have the distraction of messing with IQ settings and optimizing the game to have stable performance. Nothing annoys me more than firing up a PC game and getting constant hitching or stability issues either due to the game itself or some other background process. I've been PC gaming for 20 years now, and my time/patience for tweaking and playing with settings has drastically declined.

Not sure if comparing the Nintendo Switch to Microsoft X-Box is reasonable. They have different roles.

We have an Xbox and a Switch. There wasn't a choice between a switch and a PlayStation.

Microsoft just needs to make the Xbox a PC already. Have it run a special 'Xbox UI' version of Windows that also allows the full Windows experience or sideload apps to the 'Xbox UI' screen (ala Valve and their SteamOS).
I mean, that’s basically what they are doing already.

I mean, that’s basically what they are doing already.

They're close and it feels like they're heading in that direction. I'd love to see a '3DO' approach to their next hardware, license out their software to other hardware manufacturers (even DIYers) allowing custom designs, but also have their own 'reference design specs' to sell (Xbox).

Many PS exclusives I'll buy twice when/if they get ported to PC too, but I'm def not waiting 2-3 years to play them.
Yea, I'm having a hard time playing games that came out a few years ago, so waiting isn't a problem.
With the state of bad PC ports for the past couple years, I don't think I'm missing much on PC and it's nice to not have the distraction of messing with IQ settings and optimizing the game to have stable performance.
The games that are bad on PC are also bad if not worse on console. The difference is that playing a game at 24fps on console is considered the norm while on PC that's clearly an unoptimized game.
Nothing annoys me more than firing up a PC game and getting constant hitching or stability issues either due to the game itself or some other background process. I've been PC gaming for 20 years now, and my time/patience for tweaking and playing with settings has drastically declined.
Something I haven't done in years, even with my move to Linux. I didn't even bother to get a big tiddy mod for CyberPunk 2077 because I kinda hated the game honestly. What kind of future has women with enough cyborg implants to look like the borg but nobody got big tits? The game certainly didn't have a problem showing nudity either so apparently in 2077 men aren't into large breasts. Nokia camera's sticking out of faces are fine, but big boobs is crossing the line.

Maybe it will unveil why the Playstation has had such a shitty fan design since the PS3.

Something I haven't done in years, even with my move to Linux. I didn't even bother to get a big tiddy mod for CyberPunk 2077 because I kinda hated the game honestly. What kind of future has women with enough cyborg implants to look like the borg but nobody got big tits? The game certainly didn't have a problem showing nudity either so apparently in 2077 men aren't into large breasts. Nokia camera's sticking out of faces are fine, but big boobs is crossing the line.

To be fair, Matilda (aka "Sasquatch") had a decent set of cannons on her.

Attachments

• cyberpunk-2077-sasquatch-cover-logo-int.ent-news.png
    cyberpunk-2077-sasquatch-cover-logo-int.ent-news.png
    994.6 KB · Views: 1
Yea, I'm having a hard time playing games that came out a few years ago, so waiting isn't a problem.
Same, I just prioritize Sony's games because they've generally been the best games for me to play for the past several years.
The games that are bad on PC are also bad if not worse on console. The difference is that playing a game at 24fps on console is considered the norm while on PC that's clearly an unoptimized game.

I haven't played a a game below 40 FPS (40hz mode on my 120hz OLED) since I got my PS5. They've all been 40/60+ FPS games with little to no dips. And no crashing or shader complication hitches that a lot of PC ports have been plagued with.

I haven't played a a game below 40 FPS (40hz mode on my 120hz OLED) since I got my PS5. They've all been 40/60+ FPS games with little to no dips. And no crashing or shader complication hitches that a lot of PC ports have been plagued with.
A Plague Tale Requiem was getting bellow 30 fps until they patched the game, which also boosted performance on PC. On Jedi Survivor which defaults to 30fps mode, you can see it dip bellow 30 fps even bellow 20fps and performance mode achieves 60fps "mostly" by making the game run bellow 900P. Peppridge farm remembers. Again, console standards are lower than PC, especially when PC gamers that complain are the ones who paid over $600 for a graphics card. When PC gamers complain, it's because their new expensive graphics cards can't maintain 60fps at 1080P with Ultra settings. Console gamers are perfectly happy with 24fps.

A Plague Tale Requiem was getting bellow 30 fps until they patched the game, which also boosted performance on PC. On Jedi Survivor which defaults to 30fps mode, you can see it dip bellow 30 fps even bellow 20fps and performance mode achieves 60fps "mostly" by making the game run bellow 900P. Peppridge farm remembers. Again, console standards are lower than PC, especially when PC gamers that complain are the ones who paid over $600 for a graphics card. When PC gamers complain, it's because their new expensive graphics cards can't maintain 60fps at 1080P with Ultra settings. Console gamers are perfectly happy with 24fps.

Please (don't) tell me more about these unpatched games that launched in as bad or worse states on PC, and how that means console players (not the developers/publishers) have low standards or how that somehow negates my own experience of playing across all platforms for the the past several years because I only play games that are actually complete when they launch or after being patched to an acceptable level.

Please also (don't) post that 3 year old video from another game that launched in a poor state because current consoles were running at an RTX 2060 performance level when they normally run closer to a RTX 2080 or the RX 6700 they're actually based on. Which really means nothing to anyone who just want to play a game without the typical annoyances of playing on PC, and is always funny to see someone criticize them for having "low standards" while still playing on a Vega 56, lol.

As always, you have zero credibility on this subject.

That is 1 million out of 150 million total players, or 0.67%.

Please (don't) tell me more about these unpatched games that launched in as bad or worse states on PC
Starfield would like to join the conversation.

we are now getting to the point where games are no longer going to be cross platform (aka: they weren't designed with last gen hardware in mind) so going forward i'm guesing you're going to see a lot more of this, just like every other console generation.

Please (don't) tell me more about these unpatched games that launched in as bad or worse states on PC, and how that means console players (not the developers/publishers) have low standards or how that somehow negates my own experience of playing across all platforms for the the past several years because I only play games that are actually complete when they launch or after being patched to an acceptable level.
I'm not rewriting history to make you feel better about your purchases. Fact is the same PC games everyone complains about being poorly unoptimized are also running poorly on consoles. And yes, A Plague Tale Requiem at launch on the PS5 was getting 24fps.

Please also (don't) post that 3 year old video from another game that launched in a poor state because current consoles were running at an RTX 2060 performance level when they normally run closer to a RTX 2080 or the RX 6700 they're actually based on.
GTX 1060.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxR9GBkfWT5o0Wf4SVnviIxdDfPBs2SLO7
Which with FSR can beat a PS5.

Which really means nothing to anyone who just want to play a game without the typical annoyances of playing on PC, and is always funny to see someone criticize them for having "low standards" while still playing on a Vega 56, lol.
PC solves a lot of typical announces you experience on console.
  1. You can play any game, including PS3/PS2/PS1 games on PC. Unlike a PS5.
  2. You have more choices where to get games, which lowers prices.
  3. Your PC can be faster or slower depending on your budget.
  4. You can use multi monitor support to play games and watch a video, something I do often.
  5. You don't need to pay a monthly fee to play games online.
  6. You can still use old hardware like my Vega56 to play new games.
As always, you have zero credibility on this subject.
Who are you again?

Starfield would like to join the conversation.

we are now getting to the point where games are no longer going to be cross platform (aka: they weren't designed with last gen hardware in mind) so going forward i'm guesing you're going to see a lot more of this, just like every other console generation.
Starfield is still months out and thus cannot be judged or compared to many of the botched game releases like Jedi Order.
Who are you again?
Just a rational dude who occasionally feeds the troll.

The just reminds me of this given it's so blatantly ridiculous (as usual):

And the BluRay/DVD player.

I have a stand-alone player for discs. Neither console has Dolby Vision support for disc, which is fucking bullshit. Been really happy with my Sony UBP-X700. DV discs go in the 700, HDR discs go in the XSX. The PS5 is in my office.

Back