Sony FD Trinitron question

Judd Sandage

Limp Gawd
So, I have a VAIO PCV-MXS10 and looking at getting a matching monitor for it, what its supposed to come with is an LCD but for the life of me I cant find it, so a CRT is the next best thing, I am liking the looks of the G520P as its silver and grey, but does anyone know if Sony made a smaller monitor in that same style which looks like an FW900.

EDIT: I guess you mean the looks. There was apparently a G420P, which would have been a 19". Not finding a picture of it though...

Last edited:
Yeah, I like the style of that 520P, that silver front with the separate bar along the bottom edge, the 520R though... beige... uggghhhh. though if I could get either one that would be fine, I used to own a 520R, kicking myself every day for just giving it to a friend when I got a 19 inch widescreen LCD... why did I do that? and like a year later it was on his front porch with all the other trash his house had...

Yes it's very sad what happened to so many CRTs. They didn't get the appreciation they were due. And now the prices since that Digital Foundry video. (And I suppose, because of the mortality of a tech that hasn't been manufactured for so long now.)

Back