Sonic is back...!

you know, i never could control those Sonic games......things happen waaaayyyy too fast for me....even when i was younger.....i could never control it well.....i think Jet Moto was the fastest moving game i could ever control successfully

i downloaded the latest Sonic demo on the 360 and theres no freaking way i could play that game

you know, i never could control those Sonic games......things happen waaaayyyy too fast for me....even when i was younger.....i could never control it well.....i think Jet Moto was the fastest moving game i could ever control successfully

i downloaded the latest Sonic demo on the 360 and theres no freaking way i could play that game

same here. I fell to my death so many times its not even funny. Got really frustrated and deleted the demo. Give me the 2d Sonic any day!

now that you mention it....the 2D Sonic was much more playable...

Maybe they will change it, but for me it seemed really twitchy. Now I know Sonic is a twitchy kind of game but I thought it was beyond that even.

It currently has a 76% on GameRankings, which is pretty darn good for a 3D Sonic game. It sounds like it could still use plenty of improvement, but at least it's a big step in the right direction. I think I would still prefer 2D Sonic. Sonic Rush was great and held up very well to the Genesis games.

Meh... the reviews don't seem to be fantastic, but compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3 version, I'm sure this game is MUCH BETTER. I can't comment fully, because I haven't played the full version of the Xbox game, but the demo was horrible, and from the sounds of it the problems with the demo weren't fully fixed in the final version.

It's a shame too, because before the game ever came out, and we just had screenshots, I was really looking forward to the game (the Xbox 360 version). I really liked Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, and Sonic Adventure, though not as good as the first was still pretty decent. Unfortunately since the original SA, they seem to have gone consistently downhill. Hopefully this Wii version is a step in the right direction. I'll have to read some reviews and try the game out for myself.

I just bought this game and I'm on the third world now.

So far, I give it a 7/10. It was a 6/10 until the third world, hopefully that score will keep heading up.

The game starts out slow and you have to gain abilities to speed up Sonic. By the third world, you've gotten the hang of it (mostly) and while the controls aren't as tight as I would like, this is a roller coaster ride of a game. When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, you want to throw the controller through the television.

The camera needs work and the inability to turn around is EXTREMELY annoying at points, but when you get Sonic hauling ass, it's the first time I've actually enjoyed a 3D Sonic game and it echoes the feeling of the first two Sonics and Sonic Rush.

Plus, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles play almost no part of this game, which is a good thing.

I'll write more as I get further along in the game.

I'd like to add that the music in this game is horrible. In fact, horrible isn't a strong enough word.

It's so bad that I'd rather listen to a K-Fed/Britney duet with fingernails dragging down a chalkboard in the background.

Seriously, the music sounds like South Park when they do their "We're Gonna Need a Montage" type of fake music.

I have no idea WTF Sonic Team was thinking. Terrible.

You mean Team America World Police? :p

same people, same humor.

I will agree with Rocketpig, the song used in the menus is just bad, and its the song you hear constantly going through the quick levels.

I just got finished playing around 2 hours of this game, and besides that specific song, I've enjoyed everything so far. Could a 3D sonic game actually be good?! :p The controls are easy, but to master the levels you will need some skill with the controller and the various moves. The levels I've seen so far are cool, and get better each time, and I'm not so offended by the graphics in this game, than I am with most other Wii titles out so far.

I'd say its a 7 / 10 so far, and from what I'm feeling, its going to get better as I keep playing.

( Oh and if someone who doesn't like the STALKER beta wants to give up their key so this tardy fileplanet subscriber could check it out, that would be most appreciated. just PM me, thx :cool: )

I just played the first level of Levitated Ruins.

Wow, good stuff. 10 minutes of pure spazoid Sonic. Upside down, sideways, running up, running down. If you're prone to motion sickness, stay the hell away from this game.

I just played the first level of Levitated Ruins.

Wow, good stuff. 10 minutes of pure spazoid Sonic. Upside down, sideways, running up, running down. If you're prone to motion sickness, stay the hell away from this game.

lol...

It's a pity that this game is just OK. Oh well, maybe SSX Blur is better. C'mon 27th!

I'd be kind of worried how the controls work on the Wii. I definitely like the 360 Sonic game, though. I've been a huge fan of Sonic ever since he was the first video game I owned personally for the Sega Genesis. (My sis was the owner of our NES/SNES)

lol...

It's a pity that this game is just OK. Oh well, maybe SSX Blur is better. C'mon 27th!

Considering the crapfest that was previous 3D Sonic games, I'll take "okay" every day. :D

After logging about 6 hours into the game, I'd give it a solid 7.5. Slightly better than average but nothing fantastic.

I'd be kind of worried how the controls work on the Wii. I definitely like the 360 Sonic game, though. I've been a huge fan of Sonic ever since he was the first video game I owned personally for the Sega Genesis. (My sis was the owner of our NES/SNES)

The controls rock. I'm a big fan, though they could be a little tighter. Once you acclimate yourself to it, it's a lot of fun. You really only press a button to jump and do the occasional special move; everything else in the game is motion control.

Considering the crapfest that was previous 3D Sonic games, I'll take "okay" every day. :D

After logging about 6 hours into the game, I'd give it a solid 7.5. Slightly better than average but nothing fantastic.

I'd very much agree here. This Sonic game lives up to its name, and in my opinion, makes up for the shat 3D sonic games in the past. Its not fantastic, and the controls could be a little more responsive, however it has the best graphics so far in the current Wii titles and great replay value. There are many moves to utilize and picking the right ones for certain levels changes it up a bit. I haven't tried the party games much yet, but I have 3 controllers and my cousin is stopping by tomorrow so I'll try it then.... I've tried myself vs 3 computer opponents in a few party games, but waiting for 3 computer players to move around the board and not fully able to skip past these scenes isn't fun sitting there by yourself... similar to playing Mario party titles by yourself with computer opponents.

I'm halfway through the 4th world now and level 17 or something, and I'm really enjoying it so far. The controls take some getting used too, and can be frustrating at times, but if you remember to equip the right special moves on your ring, and replay a few levels over, you will get the hang of the movements, and focus more on the level design and gameplay.

Beware of the cactus! Jump and dash forward to make the corner!! Remember this and save yourself the frustration!!! :-p

Back