Sonata Question... (for owners)

ryn

[H]ard|Gawd
A) I read in a review that the fan speeds vary to much (there is not many) and at certain temp's the speed will go up and down quikly which would be very annoying... any problems with this?

B) also read the new sonata is due out soon, any truth to this? should I wait?

- Thanx

Originally posted by ryn
A) I read in a review that the fan speeds vary to much

Huh?

Fan speeds don't vary, and if they do, I don't notice them. I have the 1 included 120mm fan connected to the Fan Only molex connector, and it is inaudible. I can hear my tiny little 40mm northbridge fan over my 120mm fan. Also, the psu fan is inaudible.

I can hear my hard drive reading/writing (but not spinning, thanks to the rubber bumpers), and a dull hum from my cpu fan, and that's it.

It IS quiet! VERY quiet. You will _not_ be disappointed.

The hard drive rack is very impressive, great idea.

Also, new sonata? never heard of it. just buy the one that's out now, i can't imagine it getting any better.

I know what you are talking about as far as the fans cycling from faster to a lower speed and then back up again...though I don't have a Sonata I do have my fans controled by a an app and when the temps reach a certain point they speed up then it cools off and they drop back down just to speed back up again because the temps started to rise up again...you should be able to adjust this in the system and I don't think it would be that annoying

Thank you for the peace of mind guys, looks like im getting a new case. :)

Btw... angrybusdriver, do you get a second fan for the front?

...would this be suggested? i always worry about HD heat... but then again, there ment to take it eh?

Im hopeing to fit a Silent Boost in there too, hopefully there is room, I heard someone say it was a tight squeeze with the Boost and Power Supply.

Thanx

i love my sonata, i added a second antec 120 mm fan in the front, still quite.

the only thing i would change is a removable mb tray, its a tight fit with teh 2 120mms in there

Originally posted by chris88
i love my sonata, i added a second antec 120 mm fan in the front, still quite.

the only thing i would change is a removable mb tray, its a tight fit with teh 2 120mms in there

^^^What he said.

My fans always run at the same speed.

Originally posted by ryn
...would this be suggested? i always worry about HD heat...

I did not get the 2nd fan. The optional 2nd 120mm fan mount is not on the very front of the case. The mounts are behind the HDD rack. I'd take a photo for you, but my mom took off with the camera.

If you're really worried about HDD heat, this would move the hot air off of your disks, but into the rest of your case. (Also towards the exhaust, though).

I may get one in the future, but right now, with everything in there, it is pretty snug, so I don't want to clutter everything up until I really need it.

My case temps are high (32c) but not high enough to warrant extra cooling, if you ask me.

I plugged the 120mm exhaust into a regular molex connector make it spin faster. It was louder, but did a better job with the cooling.

If I turn my volcano9 up to full speed, case temps drop to 25c. If I turn the v9 up to max and put the rear case fan on a regular molex connector, case temps are 21c.

I'm not concerned. I, for one, am perfectly happy with 31c case/50c cpu--- As long as its quiet!

Was that 50c under load or idle? :eek:

Hrm, now im a little worried, although, I plan to get the second fan, maybe it will help enough, plus i'll be moving my case tabe top side, mine right now is in an enclousure type deal, does not help for noise or heat im sure.

Yeah, true enough. I did not know you were Oc'd (missed the sig). Im just used to lower temps, although, im running a 1700+ in this rig atm with a volcano 9 (loud) and I think my psu is contributing to the noise as well, it's an enermax dual fan 430watt I think.

Plus a............. forgive me... *shudder* 80mm Sunnon exhaust and I belive the fan on my MSI TI4400 is loud as well. :(

Anyways, this really has nothing to do with the thread. :p

So ima shut up now. Thank you again.

My sonata is crazy quiet and i've never heard my fans freaking out, and i don't know anything about a new sonata, do you have alink to where you read that?

Back