Something wrong with this Samsung 2232BW?

variant

Gawd
With the monitor I bought a few days ago, I see a lot of the problem associated with TN such as poor viewing angles.

However, there are things that seem wrong that no one has complained about. The default contrast for this was bright, really bright. It washed out everything and made even text hard to read. Another issue is that backlighting bleed is absolutely horrendous, very prominent from all four sides of the screen. I understand the issues of the TN, but I don't want to get an overly bad and unjustified impression of one if this is simply a flawed monitor.

Try to take a few pictures of the screen (for the backlight bleeding)

step1: close the light and wait for the sunlight to go away
step2: power on the screen and put a black background
step3: take a picture with your digital camera

Try to take a few pictures of the screen (for the backlight bleeding)

step1: close the light and wait for the sunlight to go away
step2: power on the screen and put a black background
step3: take a picture with your digital camera

I tried taking a photo, but it isn't capturing what I am seeing.

For awhile I have been wondering why parts of my wallpaper look blue where its suppose to be black at the bottom. It is the backlight bleeding, I just can't see it unless I have a black screen. I noticed it heavily when trying to watch Lord of the Rings or playing Doom 3, it looks like a bright light shining out from the top and bottom and from the left and right (though less prominent), with blue after glow around it. The more center the picture on the screen, the blacker the black looks.

I should also note that the monitor makes an occasional clicking noise.

I have a recently bought 2232BW and it looks great. I don't have the S panel either. maybe you got a bad one. ALL Samsungs are way to bright on the default settings for normal use. Same thing with most monitors though I think. The fact that they can get that bright is good to know though because sometimes its handy when playing a dark or hard to see game or movie.

That sounds like a bad monitor to me. I have a 2232bw and I love it. You should take it back asap and get a new one.

yeah I was half tempted to wait for the new 2253bw but I think I like the styling of the 2232bw better anyway. 226bw looks kinda lame in comparison, 2253bw is nicer than the old 226bw design but it's more or less the same but refined.

I have a recently bought 2232BW and it looks great. I don't have the S panel either. maybe you got a bad one. ALL Samsungs are way to bright on the default settings for normal use. Same thing with most monitors though I think. The fact that they can get that bright is good to know though because sometimes its handy when playing a dark or hard to see game or movie.

If it wasn't for my ATI Control Panel, I wouldn't be able to darken it. Nothing I could do in the monitor options would fix it.

If you press menu button on the monitor the first window that pops up has brightness and contrast able to change right there. Also you can use the software that came witht the monitor, I believe it is called MagicTune, to change the brightness and all sorts of stuff. When I change the brightness all the way down it is very dark.

Well, I am back on my CRT. Now all I need to figure out is which monitor best fits my needs.

If you press menu button on the monitor the first window that pops up has brightness and contrast able to change right there. Also you can use the software that came witht the monitor, I believe it is called MagicTune, to change the brightness and all sorts of stuff. When I change the brightness all the way down it is very dark.

I am not an idiot, I know there are contrast/brightness settings in the monitor. :p

Try if color profile of CMO panel available here helps:
http://www.behardware.com/articles/689-10/22-inch-lcd-monitors-the-3rd-wave.html

Uhhh, These viewing angles remind me about old laptop...

I used it. It only adjusted the color palette, it did nothing about the brightness.

I think I am just gonna keep mine as long as possible then return or exchange it for the 2253BW when it first comes out. Usually the first lcds Samsung ships for a new model are all S panels. Nothing is wrong with my 2232bw though, I'd just rather have the new one with it being so close to release now.

If you are changing the brightness in the menu and it does nothing then I would say that there is something very wrong. I would think you would know right away this one is bad and take it back quick, since your not an idiot and all ;)

j0j081- How can you keep the monitor that long and return it for a newer one whenever it comes out? Best Buy only has a 14 day return I think. Plus we have no idea if the new 2253bw is even going to be better. Lots of people waited for the 226cw and look at it now. I would just enjoy the one you have. We don't even know how much the 2253bw is going to be, and no I don't believe online sites that don't even have it yet.

Back