SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvenger

2[H]4U
Boy where to start on this one. This card has been plagued with driver issues from day one. If you read through reddit you will find that in certain configurations the card will do the infamous black screen/green screen crash and of course my system was affected. At first I thought it was the hot spot temperatures at a 40 degree delta from the edge temp so I replaced the watery thermal paste with Honeywell PTM7950 and managed to get the hot spot temps down by about 12 degrees. The only way I was able to solve the crashing issues was to run the base Radeon driver without Adrenalin software. Freesync is enabled by default on the base driver but this is a bandaid until AMD can figure out what is causing the issue (I do believe it is a combination of Windows updates and the new parameters they use for the monitor power consumption issues, or perhaps the Radeon overlay causing issues. ) Base driver has been running solid and I also recommended that on Reddit and it seems to be working for others as well.

image0 (10).jpeg

After all the frustration, I will let this card go for $390 shipped, it does work fine but waiting for a fix from AMD is like ground hog day. If it doesn't work out I will allow a return but I am good on my word and many members can attest to that here!

Heatware under SLK

Paypal F&F Preferred

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sucks they're still having driver issues like this in 2023. It's like in order to assure even the slightest amount of stability you have to wait a full YEAR after release for the drivers to mature. Like, WTF!? Anyways, GLWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back