SOLD: Asus 1080ti Strix with Phanteks block and stock air cooler (price reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvmiller12

[H]ard|Gawd
My cousin asked me to offload this card for him and he is asking $600 $450 PayPal shipped.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the card and front and back of the waterblock. The card was primarily used for gaming but prior to last year was also mined on overnight during the winter. When mining, the power limit was kept at 65% with the core underclocked to -200 and the memory overclocked at +500. The card was run on water the entire time, with the air cooler only having been used to initially test the card when it was first purchased prior to block installation.

Last winter, my cousin's PC started randomly crashing when gaming and the machine was largely left idle until we had time to troubleshoot it this past April. It turns out some growth had developed in the system and the entire machine had to be broken down, cleaned, and each component re-tested. This card was put back on it's air cooler with fresh paste and thermal pads and was placed in my daughter's computer (#4 in my signature) for about a month at stock settings with no reported problems - she runs at 1080p and primarily plays Fortnight and Minecraft.

While in her machine, further stress testing was performed on the card at stock settings. While Heaven on the basic preset was 100% stable, 3D Mark Time Spy and Heaven on the extreme preset would crash the system. Either manually adjusting the fan speed to 80% or underclocking the memory by about 100MHz restore stability in these tests. Heaven (extreme preset) was run for about 24 hours in continuous loop with each setting with no problems. I suspect one of the memory chips on the card has developed a little extra sensitivity to temperature, and it would be fairly simple to flash the VBIOS with the underclock as a permanent "fix."

Last edited:
Really nice price on the card, though im more interested in the fact that a 1080Ti was used to play minecraft in 1080P :p

Really nice price on the card, though im more interested in the fact that a 1080Ti was used to play minecraft in 1080P :p

On the plus side, she is actively on that machine anywhere from 6-10 hours a day, ESPECIALLY when she was doing online school. On the down side, she is 11, and those are her current gaming interests :). It allowed me to have someone actively using the card during the day, and I could do synthetic loads on her PC overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back