SOLD: 2x Samsung/EMC 100GB SLC with Fiber Channel Interposer for 2₵ plus shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pututu

[H]ard DC'er of the Year 2021
Ok, rather than throwing this into an electronic recycling center, I've two 100GB Samsung SLC drive (yes this is single level cell memory, not the MLC or TLC and has very long lifetime) with sata to fiber channel interposer (see pictures below) for 2 cents total plus shipping. This is used in an old EMC enterprise system. By default I will use USPS medium flat rate box of $14.25 because the items are heavy.

Unfortunately I don't have a system to test these out. No physical damage on the items as far as I can see.

Note: though this is a SATA drive according to this site, it is formatted with 520B sector size rather than the usual 512B.

PXL_20220921_171457013.jpg PXL_20220921_171555204.jpg PXL_20220921_171725217.jpg

Good ol EMC.. I fondly remember the days I worked in tech designing server clusters for ecoms and similar, and having EMC court me for multi-million dollar storage arrays.. They'd basically give me anything I asked for, unfortunately I was young and didn't have the foresight to inquire about really good kickbacks, mostly just Cowboy's tickets or beer for the team. Once we were in a hurry to turn up a site, and needed the storage yesterday, they redirected the largest array they had slap full of drives, from a much bigger customer (think they were headed to Oracle) back then it was like 4 or 8 TB of raid 1.. We'd ordered half the size of whatever the max was, so they removed half the drives and boxes them up to take back.. However they forgot half the boxes in our loading area. I waited and waited for them to inquire about them, eventually, took them home. Let's just say it was a good year for me and ebay lol. They were like 20GB scsi drives back then worth hundreds of buck each on the secondary market.

Anyway, long-winded reminiscence bump for keeping something likely pretty expensive and useful to the right person, out of the landfill. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back