Solar charged battery pack for AP & security cam

joblo37pam

2[H]4U
I have a customer that needs a wireless bridge and security camera in a remote location with no power available. Total power needed should be 10-12W. The camera uses 5V, the AP uses 24V, so a 120V source would be best, even with the inefficiencies. I could possibly switch to a 24V camera, but would lose IR.

I'm looking for a solar charged battery system that would provide enough power to make this work at a reasonable cost. It will likely be a seasonal/temporary install for a couple months a year, but I need it to be reliable. I would think there has to be some WISP equipment built for this, but my googlefu is failing me. Anyone have any suggestions?

No, I missed that one actually. It's definitely an interesting read, especially coming from Ubiquiti. They suggest using 12V equipment, but all of their APs require 24V.

While I would enjoy building a system from scratch, in this case it would be better to have a pre-fab system that has already been tested and has some support. I won't have time to experiment on this one.

Back