Software to re-stream live video?

J45p3r

2[H]4U
I have a dlink DCS-5300w camera and would like to be able to stream the video feed to 50+ viewers. I don't *think* the camera could handle 50+ simultaineous connections. (Wouldn't that require lots of resources on the camera side?)

Anyway, is there software that can grab the video from the camera (live - single connection) and redistribute it (using the web servers horsepower) in a live, albeit slightly delayed, stream?

If the stream is of any decent bitrate, be prepared to have the bandwidth to support it.

As to the software side of it, look into NSV(nullsoft's), rm(RealNetworks), asx/asf(WMP)

If it's for a one time production use consider a streaming host which has the infrastructure to support the bandwidth.

--KK

It will be used to "low-budgetly" web cast city council meetings once per month. I've got a 10mbps connection that will be nearly idle during the meeting times.

winamp tv is the easiest way to go, i've done it, but it will consume massive amounts of bandwidth, and you can't put it on a web server unless you have access to the server root.

Back