*SOB* when it's just "too long"

BB Gun

[H]ard|Gawd
MSI 1080 Ti Duke was in stock for a bit today at the Egg for 900 bux - still high but not completely usuruos.

Wwas about to hit "buy" and remembered to check the length - 12.75"

#*&%^)#(*^@%#_)@(#$&*

I only have about .75" clearance between my 10.9" 980 Ti and my radiator.

So now I'm still waiting.

On the up side, 1080's are falling below 700 bucks as well. So while not great, things seem to be cooling off a little bit.

BB

Most folks ramp up over winter with 0 plans of how to run that load in warmer months.

Not me :D

I got a great deal on a new 1080Ti FTW3 a while back that was too large for my case. I bought a new case. Worked out well, new case has much better cable management attributes and I finally have USB 3.0 on the front.

Most folks ramp up over winter with 0 plans of how to run that load in warmer months.

Not me :D

Build a tight home with an ERV and put one of the returns right in back of the case/rack.

Shutter most of your windows and your home'll stay comfy all winter.

In the summer, have a rack in the mechanicals room with your nifty air-to-water heat pump water heater.

MSI 1080 Ti Duke was in stock for a bit today at the Egg for 900 bux - still high but not completely usuruos.

Wwas about to hit "buy" and remembered to check the length - 12.75"

#*&%^)#(*^@%#_)@(#$&*

I only have about .75" clearance between my 10.9" 980 Ti and my radiator.

So now I'm still waiting.

On the up side, 1080's are falling below 700 bucks as well. So while not great, things seem to be cooling off a little bit.

BB
With a name like "Duke," it has to be big.

I got a great deal on a new 1080Ti FTW3 a while back that was too large for my case. I bought a new case. Worked out well, new case has much better cable management attributes and I finally have USB 3.0 on the front.

Yeah, I realised later that afternoon that if I just got the CoolerMaster vertical mounting bracket, it would have fit.

FML FAIL.

BB

i have a case that can fit an E-ATX motherboard, everything looks tiny.

I wanted that card. It was to much beast for my case. :sour:

If you bend it just a bit, it'll probably fit. If it's still too tight, a block of wood and a mallet will get it to slide in.

Back