So the OnePlus One is now here...

OnePlus has maybe 3 or 4 months to get this disaster fixed, and supply issues behind them, if they want to become a successful company, and not another small business that bites the dust right away.

By October, Google will announce the next generation Asus made Nexus-Six, which will have better / newer hardware than the OnePlus, but sell for close to the same bargain price point. Once Asus releases the Nexus-Six, the OnePlus sales are done.
Google IO is next week. Hopefully we'll see the Nexus 8/6.

Google IO is next week. Hopefully we'll see the Nexus 8/6.

The Nexus 8 ttablet will be at I/O next week, but not the next gen Nexus phone, those have never been at I/O.

The Nexus phones get released like clockwork, in the Fall ever year.

The Nexus 8 ttablet will be at I/O next week, but not the next gen Nexus phone, those have never been at I/O.

The Nexus phones get released like clockwork, in the Fall ever year.
The problem is Android Silver, that might make the fall Nexus phone non-existing. There's no reason why an Android tablet with sim card support couldn't be a phone as well... my line of thinking.

They make plenty of phones. They are just selling them in China and on the Oppo mart website for a $100 mark up. I said screw it and picked up a used 32gb G2 for $275

The problem is Android Silver, that might make the fall Nexus phone non-existing. There's no reason why an Android tablet with sim card support couldn't be a phone as well... my line of thinking.

But I read that "Silver" was a 2015 thing, not starting until some time next year, based off phones like the Galaxy S6 and One M9, etc... And that there would indeed be one final Nexus phone released this year still.

Now who will make this Nexus-Six ? Asus or Sony. Because LG did their 2 Nexus phones already, and word is that was it, no more. And Samsung did their two nexus phones, they done.

Last year I read a rumor that Asus would be in line for the 2014 Nexus phone, and that LG would switch to the Nexus tablet. Both companies would swap devices they make. And Sony has always been rumored too, and they were pretty tight with Google and AOSP.

As for right now a HTC-made Nexus device all but confirmed. The code in Android refers to an unreleased HTC device. But that could also be a Nexus Watch...

As for right now a HTC-made Nexus device all but confirmed. The code in Android refers to an unreleased HTC device. But that could also be a Nexus Watch...

That would be great :cool: And HTC Nexus-Six :D

My guess is one of these three making the next Nexus phone this fall, in order of realistic chance;

#1 = Asus
#2 = HTC
#3 = Sony

HTC nexus would be cool I love my m7 a lot. Perfect device as far as I'm concerned so much so I don't see myself caring about anything else on the market till this phone dies.

I hope Google announces increased support for C++11 instead of touting C# and Java if not a better library for it.

I'm over Swift, I was really hoping it would be much lower level then what it was.

How many of you have received an invite and ordered the Oneplus One? What do you like or not like about it?

I think only a few thousand invites have been sent out. OPO has been selling most of their inventory over in China

I love the name of this thread "So the OnePlus One is now here... "

It is here ? Where ?

I see, I was following them closely early on but didn't think I would get an invite so I stopped paying much attention. I received an invite yesterday and ordered it, for $350 it's worth a shot.

I see, I was following them closely early on but didn't think I would get an invite so I stopped paying much attention. I received an invite yesterday and ordered it, for $350 it's worth a shot.

How'd you get one? Just lucky on the forums?

Lucky you. I signed up but did not get anything. Not that I expected to anyways. Let us know what you think of it. I'm pretty intrigued myself, my wife and I are pretty anxious to get away from Verizon and contracts.

From a link another guy posted, this is good;

Read this ...

If you are going to read 1 thread on OPO forum
http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/wh...ry-long.45332/

OPO have already prevented it from getting into the recent archive and are doing all they can to restrict its visibility. Read before it's gone for good. It is a long post, but very interesting read from a supported from the very outset.

I am member #1533 and signed up March 5th and no invite to date. With all the negative feedback from users (and yes I know that people bitching are the loudest and probably the minority) that I really don't know if I will get one down the road. The forums have really turned in great part against OP. Their lack of response and what appears to be outright lies and never ending excuses has really turned me off. My sights are now set on picking up an S5 from Swappa so that I can sell my Note 3 and then wait on the Nexus 6 or IPhone 6.

The OnePlus will be old news, and not on anyone's list, once the Nexus-Six, Note 4, and iPhone 6 come out this Fall.

I actually got an invite :eek: :rolleyes:

I signed up at the website back in March, and never really posted on their forums much at all, maybe a few times back then, and never since.

I checked my e-mail this morning, and it said I had an invite ready for me, and would expire in 1 day.

Not sure i want to spend $300 on this, already having the awesome HTC One M8, and with the Nexus 6 due out in three or four months, and should be like $399, and a better spec'd phone, I might rather just wait the few months for the N6 instead.

I actually got an invite :eek: :rolleyes:

I signed up at the website back in March, and never really posted on their forums much at all, maybe a few times back then, and never since.

I checked my e-mail this morning, and it said I had an invite ready for me, and would expire in 1 day.

Not sure i want to spend $300 on this, already having the awesome HTC One M8, and with the Nexus 6 due out in three or four months, and should be like $399, and a better spec'd phone, I might rather just wait the few months for the N6 instead.
I'll gladly that that invite off your hands if you don't want it.

I received an invite yesterday and placed my order for a 64gb. Have to see how long it takes to get here

I'll give it ago against my Note 3 and Nexus 5... Winner take all until the fall when the real flagships hit.

Reading about all the problems that people are having with the phone and problems with getting the phone RMAed, I think the Motorola X at $350 out of pocket is the far superior choice, followed by the current Nexus 5. And, of course, the HTC One E8 in China. Or the HTC One M8 if you can get carrier subsidies. OnePlus's is like an experiment from Oppo Electronics to generate more advertising for Oppo Mobile.

Reading about all the problems that people are having with the phone and problems with getting the phone RMAed, I think the Motorola X at $350 out of pocket is the far superior choice, followed by the current Nexus 5. And, of course, the HTC One E8 in China. Or the HTC One M8 if you can get carrier subsidies. OnePlus's is like an experiment from Oppo Electronics to generate more advertising for Oppo Mobile.

Are there QA and RMA issues?

I was concerned about two things being possible issues. Especially in terms of RMAing for "screen defects" which may not be considered defects (eg. dead pixels, back light bleed).

The Nexus line from Google for example did have QA issues but Google RMA is extremely easy and hassle free. They were even accepting RMAsfor things like the "loose" buttons on the Nexus 5 or just 1 dead pixel.

Are there QA and RMA issues?

I was concerned about two things being possible issues. Especially in terms of RMAing for "screen defects" which may not be considered defects (eg. dead pixels, back light bleed).

The Nexus line from Google for example did have QA issues but Google RMA is extremely easy and hassle free. They were even accepting RMAsfor things like the "loose" buttons on the Nexus 5 or just 1 dead pixel.
Yup, the lots of people are having a yellow tint ribbon screen issue, an issue that also plagues the Oppo Find7 users. And OnePlus is not RMAing that.

Here's their response for people who asked for a replacement:
Hi, [Customer Name]

I'm sorry for that. yellow band only is not qualified to do free return and replacement.

Because of strict quality control standards, variation between different batches is very limited. All OnePlus Ones have a slight yellow band at the bottom, but this is only visible in extreme circumstances and does not affect daily use. Our screens are lit from the bottom instead of from underneath, and to minimize bezels we place the light sources very close to the edge of the screen. To prevent excessive light leakage, the bottom edge is designed to be slightly opaque, which is why it appears yellow from certain angles.

Hope for your understanding.

Best regards,
[CSR Name]

After waiting for what seemed like months, actually it was as I signed up March 5, I received notice of my invite on July 8. Placed my order within 5 minutes. Order was confirmed on July 9. Received today at 2:22 PM (US, Michigan). Shipped from California, 2-day air.

It really is quite the presentation in how it is packaged. You have seen enough unboxing's but there really was significant effort put into the presentation after you open the brown shipping box that contains the phone.

I snapped a couple of picture of the OnePlus One next to my current stable of phones to give you a comparison in size.

Software update right off the bat. No yellow on the bottom of the screen. No dead pixels that I could see.

I'll have more after I get it setup and play with it for the weekend, but it performs like a larger Nexus. My only issues with the Nexus is the battery life and to a lesser degree the camera, so I'll see how the OP fares in these two areas primarily.

For now, a couple of quick pictures so you can see the size difference between some older and current phones.

Loving the battery on this thing... Used it a lot on Saturday between myself and the kids to see how long it would take to kill it. Over 6 hours SOT, not bad for the first full day.

radeon962, that's pretty good battery life, almost as good as my M8.

I have a HTC One M8, running the GPE ROM, and I checked yesterdays full day use, and with 19% battery left, I was at 5h 48m Screen On time, and total of 19 hours off the charger. My M8 GPE routinely gets 6.5h on 7h Screen On time, on the 4G LET network mostly, only on WiFi a little bit of the day.

I am sure a good ROM with the OnePlus One should do the trick, and be even better eventually.

Back