So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowysnowcones

[H]ard|Gawd
I just heard my step cousin say that if you use Firefox at her school, you get a 3 day in school suspension.

:(

I'm assuming that FF is not installed on any of her schools machines... right?

Therefore, in order for anyone to use FF, they would have to install it first, which is usually something that the administrative side of the school is not fond of... you know, students/faculty installing software on school computers...

Sad as it may be, I don't really think there is anything all that unusual about it...I'm a teacher and it has been made crystal clear that installing "un-approved" software on school computers (student or faculty machines) is not allowed without administrative approval... and in cases where it is approved, the "IT Department" has to handle the installation.... lame, I agree, but it is what it is.....

The school's IT department should have client permissions locked down. I think your cousin's parents, or an informed friend in the PTA should ask the school why this the way it is.

I think that however locked down they are, creative students will find some way to run it -- ie, portable apps.

If you're going to use their hardware, you've got to respect their rules or pay the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back