So my mom got a new laptop...

Ang

Gawd
And she has an old laptop she uses for work. On the old laptop she is trying to pull files from it to put on the new laptop she got from work, but when you try to copy any files from the Old Laptop to an external device or external media it says "The Path Cannot Be Found."

She called Tech Support for her work, and they were of no help, and they said there is something you can do, but apparently they didn't tell her. I thought they were supposed to be the ones doing this in the first place transferring the files. I guess not.

Does anyone know a way around this? The TechSupport people said that the Laptop is set up to not be able to pull files from the laptop to an external media. But how is she supposed to get them files from the old laptop to the new one?

Thanks in advance-

Angel.

It won't burn to anything if you try. Depending on what program I use it either won't

A) Complete the process and error out
B) Specified path not found.

Have you tried copying the needed files to a shared folder? I'm thinking security may be applied to these files and may need administrator priveleges to access. Since this is a work laptop it's possible. If she administers her own machine set the security level lower and start a shared folder, copy, etc.

Back