So I guess I'm screwed...

zeitgeist

[H]ard|Gawd
I tryed usng the Abit FlashMenu 1.32 programn to flash my IC7-Max3 back to the 1.2 BIOS and after programming the DMI, i got; "Failed to Verify, Reload the BIOS." I tryed once more and got the same thing, I then tried to flash it twice using the latest BIOS (1.3) and got the same thing.

The funny thing is, when I first got my system, and booted into windows, I used the FlashMenu prog to flash my BIOS to 1.3 without any hassles.

So I decided to make a MS-DOS bootdisk and flash it the old way. Restarted the system, it turns on fine and makes all the right noises, and it just hangs, no post, nothing. Tried clearing the CMOS jumpers and the battery, nothing. I guess I'm fucked eh?

Helpz0rs.

reading u'r post. 90% of the time iif you flashed through windows and had a bad flash u'r f?cked. do you have a b/u copy of the original bios? try to flash using that. if that doesn't work call abit support and get reflashed/new chip through them.

flashing the bios from windows is not highly recommended from most motherboard manufacturers. but they provide a tool to do it becuase it does work. neither way is really good but when you must you must. windows tools is alot easier but more riskier. mak sure you don't have any un-needed services or programs running in background when flashing.

goodluck

Back