so i finally won a newegg shuffle but lolz at the msrp

Given what Newegg has done recently with their RMA, that speaks volumes of their business standards.
Recently?

There's an approximately ten year old thread in the motherboard section on Newegg's bending of pins to deny RMA's.

Where one can attribute malice or incompetence to an issue, I generally air on the side of incompetence until proven otherwise.

It's been pretty well established about Newegg for a long, long time.

That's not what I said, just saying that not every customer is thruthfull and as a company you have to make sure you help the honest ones and not reward the dishonest ones and sometimes stuff goes sideways in doing so.

Someone at Newegg made a misstake and put something in open box iso e-waste or to a differrent repair shop so now they have to go out of business? There won't be a lot of companies left with that attitude.

Not sure if I said it in this thread or a different one, but Steve has also made faults, not to the point he needs to lose his money, but why did he put fresh tape on an unopened box? You realy think an RMA dude is going to carefully peel that one of to see if the one below it is still intact? How is that guy supposed to know that the mobo was sent away broken in this case?

I heard Linus go on for 20+ minutes about how bad it was to sell this mobo as new when it clearly was not, guess what, Steve himself already stated from the start it was open box, guess now Linus needs to go out of business for lying to his viewers?
If New Egg made a mistake, it's not the customer's fault. It's never okay to blame victims of wrong doing -- in ANY degree for ANY explanation.

Just saying when you buy open box, you're relying on the RMA department not to screw up, and on them testing the returned board properly, which is difficult. See my thread about my new PC build having shorting issues with USB ports. If I returned that motherboard they'd never notice that testing it (they should read the RMA description and not resell it but who knows if they do).

So it's not clear if this was a company-authorized scam or just incompetent (or scamming) RMA department. I'm guessing incompetence.
You do realize if companies incompetence harms people, legally, that incompetence can be criminal? My point is that you can't repeatedly harm people and blame it on someone's incompetence.

As far as a scam goes, I doubt it because that would be overtly illegal.

That's not to say companies haven't involved themselves in illegal consumer activities. However, it's a lot easier and gives plausible deniability when a company's policies lead to people being hurt, called "turning a blind eye."

New Egg analysts and attorneys are a lot smarter than this. They know what they are doing. They always do. It's just a matter of how much they can get away with vs profit.

As far as I go, I'm choosing not to patronize New Egg because regardless of any explanations, I don't need that shit.

Last edited:
Back