So how to get AMD FSR on my GPU?

funkydmunky

2[H]4U
Hey, a 2080 owner trying to get FSR going. To my surprise after watching lots of vids showing this tech I am having a hard time D/L'ing and installing this. What gives?
If AMD is trying to push this tech across multiple hardware then make it simple. I think I might understand now why it hasn't caught fire.
If I am ignorant and dumb please let me know. Otherwise a direct link and instructions are most welcomed.

Hey, a 2080 owner trying to get FSR going. To my surprise after watching lots of vids showing this tech I am having a hard time D/L'ing and installing this. What gives?
If AMD is trying to push this tech across multiple hardware then make it simple. I think I might understand now why it hasn't caught fire.
If I am ignorant and dumb please let me know. Otherwise a direct link and instructions are most welcomed.
Trying to use AMD tech on Nvidia hardware.

Blames AMD when it's hard.

Nice.

Games that have FSR officially supported should allow you to turn it on in game settings; AMD or nVidia.

If it's a game run through Steam and doesn't have official support in-game, you may be able to enable FSR anyway with a command added to the Launch Options for the specific game. I don't remember the general command or the options so you'd need to look that up. Be aware that forcing FSR on in unsupported titles can have issues regarding performance or visual anomalies.

Well aren't you a gem.
FSR, all platforms ya?
Stinky boi. So stinky ya!
Imagine, the manufacturer of the hardware and drivers being responsible for the adoption and functionality of open standards. What a perverse idea

FSR needs to be programmed for the game. You need experience with C++ to mod it into a game. You don't "put it" on your GPU.

To use it more universally without AMD hardware (which has it built into the drivers as Radeon Super Resolution)... You need "The Lossless Scaling" app (not free) or software called "Magpie" (free). Both can upscale using the FSR algorithm for almost anything running in a window/borderless window.

*Late Edit*
Links to make it easier to find these

The Lossless Scaling App. - It's not free, but it is affordable. I believe is a demo of it you can try for free.

Magpie - The free OpenSource alternative. Although project is in Mandrin. Might have to google around if you don't know the language.
https://github.com/Blinue/Magpie/

Last edited:
Back