So GTA4...what to spend the money on? *minor spoilers*

Aelfgeft

2[H]4U
So I just completed Three Leaf Clover tonight, and I'm walking around with roughly 350K in cash. I've bought some clothes. I go drinking with friends all the time. I pretty much use cabs 99% of the time rather than steal and drive. I have all my ammo and armor full and keep it that way.

...is there going to be some juicy merchandise I can use this cash on?

Not that I know of.

One of the many complaints about GTAIV. Great game and all, but not a 10.

Guns.. lots of guns. Buying a full load of rocket launchers, blowing them all, and repeating will burn through that cash fast.

Other than that..... nothing.

buy lots and lots of clothes to impress the girls. And use rocket launchers, to get all the star levels.

In all GTAs cash always became more of a score than a currancy by the end.

In all GTAs cash always became more of a score than a currancy by the end.

But in previous GTA's there were at least houses you could buy. Saving money in order to buy a big mansion or farm was very satisfying in those games, it's a shame that aspect is gone in IV.

But in previous GTA's there were at least houses you could buy. Saving money in order to buy a big mansion or farm was very satisfying in those games, it's a shame that aspect is gone in IV.

Really? Boo that sucks, I still havn't played the game yet. Played all the ones before though.

I was in the same position. I'm actually on the final mission and I've got like $400,000 and every weapon with max ammo and at at least 2-3 takes on each type of outfit.
I guess I might mess around and try to get the $550,000 achievement at some point, but that will still take forever considering my only missions left are the car stealing ones.
Maybe the DLC for the Xbox will make some use of it?

maybe the new "epic episode packs" they are going to release will make better use of the money

anyone else think this game is too easy? ive only had to replay 2-3 missions...and i completed them on the second time, i got some amour, and then the mission is rather easy....

anyone else think this game is too easy? ive only had to replay 2-3 missions...and i completed them on the second time, i got some amour, and then the mission is rather easy....

In general, yeah. There are a few hard missions (Snowstorm, the last mission) but in general, most are pretty easy. The few times I don't complete a mission on the first try is because there's a "trick" to it like following someone without shooting or blocking the path or running enemies.

In general, the game isn't really that hard, and it's only about 1/2 the length of San Andreas...which was almost too long. I'd guess that only about 5% of people ever completed that one. Even just doing the required missions in that game took over 100 hours.

In general, the game isn't really that hard, and it's only about 1/2 the length of San Andreas...which was almost too long. I'd guess that only about 5% of people ever completed that one. Even just doing the required missions in that game took over 100 hours.

100 hours?? Was there that much more storyline in SA?

The SA storyline was spread out a lot more. In GTA4, you really had CJ having to pick himself up by his bootstraps several times. Rather than just going between a few islands and organizations, CJ had to completely start over in 3 cities (each larger than Alderney & Algonquin combined) as well as the towns and areas between them. It was just a HUGE game.
Much like GTA4 when Niko is just doing anything for money, sometimes missions didn't really advance the plot at all.
Like I mentioned, SA was almost too long for it's own good. The missions weren't as repetitious as GTA4, but too often you just had to wade through too many of them to get anywhere.

In general, yeah. There are a few hard missions (Snowstorm, the last mission) but in general, most are pretty easy. The few times I don't complete a mission on the first try is because there's a "trick" to it like following someone without shooting or blocking the path or running enemies.

Some of them are just UGH hard. The one where you dress like an Albanian and chase the guy on a motorcycle and have to kill him...fucker is hard to hit, and it's easy to hit little things you don't even see and fly off and die.

Snow storm was AWESOME. :D

also, the plot doesnt go with the cash flow....i have 350,000 ...and 3 houses so far...and still niko is saying...i need money, i do anything for money...blah blah blah.....GTA3...was like ...he was working up to be the boss of the city...here...he just wants money.....which i have plenty of so far

also, the plot doesnt go with the cash flow....i have 350,000 ...and 3 houses so far...and still niko is saying...i need money, i do anything for money...blah blah blah.....GTA3...was like ...he was working up to be the boss of the city...here...he just wants money.....which i have plenty of so far

My thoughts exactly. After you complete one of the Packie missions (if you've completed it, you'll know) Niko becomes pretty much loaded. Yet...he's excited to get 5K for doing misc. side-work? By the end of the game he's just taking BS work for peanuts and no reasoning behind it. The detail put into the game's pretty amazing, but it feels almost like the plot was pushed along separately from the game writing itself. Still, I'm nitpicking. It's still a really good game :)

Some of them are just UGH hard. The one where you dress like an Albanian and chase the guy on a motorcycle and have to kill him...fucker is hard to hit, and it's easy to hit little things you don't even see and fly off and die.

Snow storm was AWESOME. :D

I hate chase missions in these games.
It especially sucks that you can't create roadblocks before the mission begins, or pick off the characters before hand.
That and all of a sudden, your vehicle has wheels of butter or handles like a lead brick.

As for the rest of the game, i'm about 2/3's through it... and I agree. I have a ton of $$$, and nothing to buy.
One can only solicit the prostitutes so much, or eat a certain amount of hotdogs.

I'm finding it a bit too easy as well.

I've only been busted by the cops ONCE. After they took away all my weaponry I wasn't letting that happen again.

I found Snowstorm to be the one level that really makes the cops tough. I think it's mainly because you're in an enclosed space, outnumbered 4x1 by respawning cops, and you're on a peninsula that the cops can partially roadblock. Even so, once you get used to how the cops behave, it's not terrible.
The last mission is a pain in the ass, though. It takes about 20 minutes to do it and if you mess up at all, you're pretty much back to the beginning sans anything you used. Add in several parts that are intentionally designed to have a learning curve and it's enough to make you want to throw your controller. Missions that are that long and unforgiving just suck.
On the plus side, with many chase missions - sometimes it's okay to get out of your ride or never get one. The M16 fired through the driver's side back window often ends a few chases before they even start.

Which imo is the biggest downfall of this game. The core gameplay is better than the other GTA's but little things like this stick out like a sore thumb whenever the older games seem to have more content.

Yea it did seem pretty easy for the most part and lacks a lot of what was included in some of the older games like character addons(clothes, tats, etc), buying homes etc.

Can't speak but so much about the ending though. My game will not let me advance past diamonds are a girls best friend. I've done the mission and goofed around a few hours(real time) in the game since it and have yet to have the trigger for the next mission to come up. I'm not wasting the 30 or so hours it would take to start over either. Needless to say I'm pissed.

try calling some people on your cell phone and go on some dates or something. that may trigger the next mission. also, you could go get yourself killed and wait a bit and see if the next mission comes up.

try calling some people on your cell phone and go on some dates or something. that may trigger the next mission. also, you could go get yourself killed and wait a bit and see if the next mission comes up.

Finished the assisan missions, have done all of brucies car thefts and have gone on prob 5 different dates/hangouts. Also have been killed at least once through it.

Have been goofing around getting some more stunt jumps and flying rats. Even did some races(which I don't really like).

I kinda like the races, they are pretty easy especially if you get a Turismo car, theres one at that dudes house from early on in the game, not Faustin but the other guy, near the bowling alley in the south of the first island, if you wanna get one without having to look.

aside from being smaller, having a different story (characters, plot) and a few new animations i dont really think its much different from SA.

infact, i enjoyed SA muuuch more. sooo much more to do. so much more fun to be had.

gtaiv = overrated

After having finished the game, I have come to the conclusion that I liked San Andreas a lot more. If they released SA with IV's gameplay/engine it would probably be the 10/10 everyone gave IV. I had so much more fun with SA.

I think as more and more people are starting to complete GTA4 or at least get close, we're seeing that opinion more and more. GTA4 is great, but other than the technical jump to next gen (which isn't that huge if you have SA on the PC) it's not really a step up over SA.

It's shorter, there are 1/3 fewer missions, the world is only about 1/2 of the size, there's minimal custumization, fewer vehicles, fewer weapons, the levels aren't THAT different, a plot that really goes nowhere, etc.

GTA4's great, but it's clearly this generation's GTA3. We all know that future uses of this engine will hopefully get us closer to the scope of SA.
I think the 10/10 ratings are problematic, though. It really makes the claim that the game is as good as possible given the technology available. That's just simply not the case. Even Saints Row 2 and the Bourne game seem to be doing the game thing but making it look better. More and more it seems like reviewers were just phoning it in and ignoring any issues with this game.

After doing both endings i ended up with about the same amount of cash at the end... around $856,000. I have a date with SoboHo on thursday but I hear she has pretty low standards. We'll party at my pad in Bohan.

That's one thing I sorely miss from the earlier games and particularly San Andreas: Money meant something in those games. I loved being able to buy property and territory all over the place and I was hoping that concept could be taken to the next level in this one like everything else was.

Once you have all the guns you need and you haves some clothes...there's no point in having money at all IMO, which is a real shame.

Save until you get $500k (if on the 360 for the achievement) then just don't worry about it.

Save until you get $500k (if on the 360 for the achievement) then just don't worry about it.

The funniest thing about that achievement is the game almost hands you that achievement on a silver platter.
I won't spoil anything, but 2 missions actually give you half of that amount. Assuming you aren't using up all of your RPGs and re-buying them each time, you can get that achievement just by playing through the game.
I was anal about keeping a full stock of weapons at all times and I still got that one pretty easily.
The toughest achievements are the ones related to escaping 4 star cops, or lasting a certain amount of time with 6 stars. I don't even know HOW to get six stars, although I'm pretty sure the helicopter is the key to lasting a long time in the chase.

I got that achievement by barracading the burger stores doors with hummers and taking pot shots at cops.

I got that achievement by barracading the burger stores doors with hummers and taking pot shots at cops.

I got it early on with a helicopter before all the islands were open. fly over a locked one and its 6 stars. then just fly around till it dings and jump out.

DLC will contain items that you will be able to purchase.

Back