So are the aerocooler dp-102 and ht-101 the best air coolers now?

rally9x

[H]ard|Gawd
Or is there something better that is resonable quiet? How would these air coolers compare to a cheap water setup with something like a maze 4 cpu cooler or such?

Personally, I think the Thermalright SP-94 is still better. I have one and I think it looks better too. With a medium CFM fan you can get decent overclocks and decent temperatures.

This is going to be for a prescott 3.0 by the way. I do plan on overclocking too.

Coolermaster Hyper 6 beats the SP94......

But i still stand by my SP94 it never let my rig go past 40C while overclocking.....

henesseynalert said:
Coolermaster Hyper 6 beats the SP94......

But i still stand by my SP94 it never let my rig go past 40C while overclocking.....

Have you seen the Hyper 6 for sale anywhere yet?

I've never heard of Aerocooler and I don't go near Coolermaster with a ten foot pole.
Coolermaster has a ten year history of sucking outloud. One good product does not a switch make.
Thermalright is the only way for air cooling.

My DP-102 with a tornado on a controller (at min speed) and a TT 80mm fan dropped my OC'd CPU temp 15°c under full load.

I've read numerous reviews and Cooler Master's Hyper 6 beats Aerocool's HT-101 by a few degree Celcius.

But then again, the Hyper 6 weighs a lot (way over Intel's and AMD's recommended HSF weight limit) and you risk damaging your CPU and motherboard when moving the computer.

The HT-101 weight is around borderline, so it's safer.

If you want a good heatpipe solution, I recommend waiting for Thermalright's XP-120, which is coming soon. It's much lighter than Thermalright's current flagship HSF.

the dp-102 is very effective.. however, dont even dream of moving the case when it is on that socket.

mwarps said:
I've never heard of Aerocooler and I don't go near Coolermaster with a ten foot pole.
Coolermaster has a ten year history of sucking outloud. One good product does not a switch make.
Thermalright is the only way for air cooling.

LOL, you probably didn't realize that cooler master is the #2 and very close to #1 heatsink manufacture in the world right? (in turns of volume).

Just because they focus more on mass produce items, it doesn't make the company product suck.

Hyper 6 weighs close to 1KG, that is why it comes with a back plate to for extra security.

Back