SN95G5

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
SN95G5 Question?

Hello everyone. I’m not 100% sure where to post this question. The question relates to me looking at selling my system but I’m not 100% sure if I’d like to do that yet or not. Basically my setup is as follows:

Athlon 64 3500 + .90mm
SN95G5 Case w/ mesh side panels
Xtasy X800 XT
1 gig of OCZ 3500 Ram
Audigy Sound Blaster ZS
16X NEC Dual DVD-R +R Burner
Western Digital (2 X 80 gig) running raid 0

I’m wondering how much I should be asking for a set up like this if I were to sell it? I still have all the original paper work for the SN95G5 along with the original box it came in.

Nothing on the system is OEM. What are your guys thoughts?

I would suggest what each of those parts seperatly would cost brand new today. Then discount it some considering that it is used, and sell it based on that figure. I would suggest using your own discretion in the discounting of the parts. Only you know how long the system has been in use, and also who your selling it to makes a difference considering that to a non do-it-yourselfer an already built system like is worth paying a little more than acutal value considering that it is already buitl, i.e. little to not work to get working other than plug in and play. On the other hand trying to sell a undiscounted used computer to a person who can easily build one themselves would probally turn them off from purchasing it from you. So I really can't tell you how much to ask for it, but rather just give you a guide on some things that you should consider.

I would say....$1000 as is.
Maybe $1200 at most.
You may be better selling as parts, like said above.

I know you paid over that for it, but, if I wanted it I would not pay more than $1000 for it since it is not new.

On the other hand don't take less than $1000 for it.

Back