Sn95g5

Ramlaen

n00b
Just placed my order for my SN95G5. Gonna order a 90nm processor in the next week or so and see how things progress.

Anyone else use this system before?

lots of people use it. you're gonna have to be more specific with your questions - "who else uses it" ain't gonna draw too many answers around here. :)

p.s. no i'm not using this one. heavily eyeing SB81P though.

Well I WISH I was using it how about that. The G5 case is P-I-M-P =)

how good is the stock cooling? is it much better than older shuttles? http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/barebone/SN95G5/SN95G5.asp
"The Integrated Cooling Engine (ICE) included in the SN95G5 improves on previous XPC ICE designs. The ICE module's thermal resistance has been reduced to an amazing 0.16ºC/W. This is more half the thermal resistance of first generation XPCs and almost one-third that of Intel's BTX standard. Further, the heat exchange surface area has been greatly increased. In addition, this model sports a large 92mm cooling fan to quietly push more air out the back of the case."

can somecan post some oc results and temps.

the case design is awesome!. but i have run into too many unfixable problems to just ignore.im heavily eyeing the soltek 3801 as it is the only sff with an official nforce 3 250GB. what is significant about that is that there are a ton of options as far as chipset utilities to use, as opposed to the sn95g5 which has nine. it is an absolutely P I M P looking case but it cant hold up the performance to be a good comp. i ran 3d mark 03 with my 6800gt and only score 8k!! i proceeded to update the drivers to change the shortcoming but every driver not to mention the fan headers cannot be controlled and the temperature is being reported incorrectly. there is also a high pitched cheeping sound like that of cheap home appliances.package i attempted to use had some conflictwith the chipset.

Mine is runnning a 3500+ at 2442 with a 9800XT. I got 7500 on 3DMark03 and 24000 on 3DMark01, so that low score still sounds driver related.

The stock cooling is very good. The new 92mm ICE is simply awesome. At 2442 running F@H all day I never break 40c. Given the temp issue, its hard to tell how accurate that is though.

Back