sn95g5 dual slot graphics and pci mod?

Julian

Weaksauce
Ok im using a ribbon riser card to move the pci slot up to fit in a duel slot graphics card (have a single one but may add duel slot cooler)

I would have to remove the audio from my sn95gf to fit the pci card in (audigy2zs so no worries. Can I just dremel these off without the motherboard failing too boot?

My main worry is cutting off the sound bit would kill my system. Does it?

And yes a bit crazy cutting up a very expensive system...

Hold on!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

If I am not mistaken what you are trying to do is fit a Dual slot video card into the shuttle, but you can't because it takes 2 spots up(The AGP and adjacent PCI). This is even more of a problem since most SFF have the setup going PCI slot, and then AGP rather than the other way around making dual slot video cards a big hassle. What you need to do is just remove the dual bracket off of the video card by simply using an allen wrench to unscrew the screws. Once the bracket is off you can easily fit the card into the machine, however you may want to take a single bracket off of an older video card so that you may get it to fit that card and stabalize it incase the SFF was to be moved around. Not sure if this is what you are reffering too, but that is the way that I got my 5950 to fit in my SN85G4.

A normal doublewide 6800 would not take up two slots. I have the same case as the other poster and if you notice the 6800's fan is facing towards the left side and would not use the pci slot. A little dremel work and it'll fit no problem. This riser idea sounds a little messed up to me, but go for it.

Riser is only £10 so even if it doesn't work I won't have wasted a ton of money (and im sure I can use it some other time ;) )

Not going to dremmel the audio bits of at all...I think I don't have too and it seems a little bit crazy to me

Thinking off a two slot graphics card for cooler and more silent operation. Had to be the last bit I buy though :rolleyes: geforce 2 mx (from a Dell!!!) isn't good for doom III :D

|NOLAFF|-JD said:
Hold on!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

If I am not mistaken what you are trying to do is fit a Dual slot video card into the shuttle, but you can't because it takes 2 spots up(The AGP and adjacent PCI). This is even more of a problem since most SFF have the setup going PCI slot, and then AGP rather than the other way around making dual slot video cards a big hassle. What you need to do is just remove the dual bracket off of the video card by simply using an allen wrench to unscrew the screws. Once the bracket is off you can easily fit the card into the machine, however you may want to take a single bracket off of an older video card so that you may get it to fit that card and stabalize it incase the SFF was to be moved around. Not sure if this is what you are reffering too, but that is the way that I got my 5950 to fit in my SN85G4.

just remember, you didnt have the reference nvidia heatsink that is a true double wide, all you had was a single slot size hsf, but a double wide mounting bracket, don't confuse other people please

Pictures will be in about a month (need the money for two slot cooler and riser).

Haven't ordered a two slot cooler yet but got my new card now :D

And the gf2 did play doom III quite well...and made me respect my 6800gt more :)

why not just lay the card in the bottom of the case and drop it from the roof of your house and see if it works. i really cant believe you are considering grinding the audio of the mobo. you must have no bills to worry about you blow that kind of cash.

Not enough money (new ram was more than expected and just started uni) so traded my gt and a hard disk (2.11gb and about 10 years old :p ) for a friends near silent gt (I think I got a good deal)

:( ...one of my questions was whether or not the motherboard would like its audio being cut off (only need to cut the like 2mm from the edge not through any of the jacks just for extra room)

I can post pictures of it unmodded if you like :D
Or pictures of my plans but they dont look very neat

Back