Smokin Seagate 160Gb Retail

yay glad to see im not alone!!!

(sorry to everyone)

is anyone going to call or email? if you do post what they say. Im way to lazy to call

Damn, mine is now voided, too. And I jumped on this 19 minutes after the original post.

GAHHH, I need hard drives, too. Too much SATA, short-waranty, mail-in-rebate crap out these days, too. :mad:

Emailed them, will post the response when they get to it, they better have a damn good excuse.

no go guys. i was at step 3 as of 6am this morning and my order just got voided.

it was worth a shot :)

S_G said:
The deal is already great, why would you want to use the 10% mail-in rebate, which will net you a WHOPPING $3!

As for the guy who said "don't buy these for eBay," these actually sell for about $55-$65 including shipping over there. So, you'll be netting around 80-100% profit.

Maybe the reason I said that is because I checked these out on Ebay today and watched like 6 of them go for arround $20 even after shipping. Seems like with deals going on like this....everyone is dropping them on Ebay.

PNut12345 said:
I got in for 2 at about 8:25 this morning...something told me to check the [H] before taking my polygraph to ge on the PD...glad I did.

BTW, mine has been charged, so I've got my fingers crossed :cool:

me also, I got in for 1 at about 8:15 this morning and my card has been charged so it still looks good... wonder when theyll void it.

Ok...Called newegg...said that all orders are getting voided. She said it was a pricing error. I told her my card was charged. She said it will be back on card by the end of the week. Also gave me a $25 credit towards the next purchase.

Call and do as I did. And get back what you deserve for the trouble.

$25 credit towards next order eh? Not bad, I'm gonna call if they don't return my email.

i ordered around 2am and mines not voided yet. when they cancel mine, i'll call them and hoep to get the 25 off next order and i'll order the 300gig on that posted a few above mine, for 60. =T

hopefully, it'll work. but i'm horrible on the phone with reps and i never get anything out of the call. =T

straight up asked the CSR for compensation, even said $25 but she just upgraded my shipping on the next item i buy

gay style

hahah...that's what I did....no really ...my CSR was super nice...and I mentioned a few websites...I may have said someting about peeps being upset at the huge site.

it was a woman hahah

i guess i suck at seduction :(

i asked her to ask her supervisor but she still wouldnt

Damn, just called and straight up asked for the compensation and the woman said no! She said the 25$ are only given to people who order 3+...what BS. She just gave me a stupid raincheck and free shipping, sigh.

I e-mailed them. I used a debit card and just straightup told them "When will I be receiving a refund? Because money has been withdrawn from my checking for this order, and it is now tied up so I cannot order from anywhere else until I receive a chargeback." Hopefully it spark some compensation from them even though I'm not too worried about it. It would still be shitty that the give it to someone, but not someone else.

jackbauer said:
i know this is dead but here is another one that is prolly not a typo but is still a good deal for a 3gb-sata with a 16mb cache.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148110R
according to a recent conversation that i had with a newegg CSR, the open box items do not carry manufacturer warranty. I asked them and that is what they told me.. not sure how much value to put on that.

For the record, they don't actually charge your card. They put a hold on funds on your card--no money is withdrawn until the items ship. It sucks if you have a spending limit, as this works against that limit, but the money is still in your possession.

Interestingly.. I just checked my bank account and the money has indeed been deducted. At least that's what I call it when I look at my balance and it show's a debit for the drives and my balance is light the cost of the drives.

Oooska said:
For the record, they don't actually charge your card. They put a hold on funds on your card--no money is withdrawn until the items ship..
only true for credit cards, not for bank accounts.

Additionally, you will not be earning interest on the money that was deducted from your bank account. Bottom line: there are costs associated with this (opportunity cost), that most people are not compensated for.

drizzt81 said:

Additionally, you will not be earning interest on the money that was deducted from your bank account. Bottom line: there are costs associated with this (opportunity cost), that most people are not compensated for.

Thats a sweet business idea, lets say your bank account gives you 4% interest, what you could do is sell 1,000,000 drives at 30 a pop, keep 30,000,000 in your bank account for 1 day, then return the moneys... and you keep the interest. All 12,000 of it.

erebus1 said:
Thats a sweet business idea, lets say your bank account gives you 4% interest, what you could do is sell 1,000,000 drives at 30 a pop, keep 30,000,000 in your bank account for 1 day, then return the moneys... and you keep the interest. All 12,000 of it.
your forgetting transactions fees and wasted work in order to refund all that money. Its not an efficient means of income generation. Better to lower the cost on a backlogged item and sell off inventory to raise credit rating with banks.

drizzt81 said:

Really? My online bank statements show some ATM transactions that occurred after my debit ha card been charged according to NewEgg, but the NewEgg charge itself never shows up. . . and in the past I've taken out money that was otherwise reserved in the past (which in turn caused a few financial issues after they attempted to take the money out, but I won't get into that :p )

erebus1 said:

$12,000? That's 14.6% APR assuming daily compounding. 4% would only be around $3200. Still not a bad take for a day, however your ADB would only be around 1,000,000 which @ 4% APR would only net you about $110
:D :D

oh, and GRRR they voided my 6 drives too :mad: :mad:

Yeah they voided my single drive, it was ordered within an hour of the original post.
Bleh, in my 4 years of newegg ordering this is the only time they've come up short for me.
Even the times they shipped me the wrong part, twice, even the RMA was wrong.

It's a good thing this wasn't TigerDirect.com....we would be hearing about it for months in this forum....LOL

odd. mine shipped out and is in transit already at uniondale, NY. am i the only one to actually get this through?

and the odd thing is i didn't pay for 2nd day air either...

f'd in the a?????

i hope you guys do realize they owe you nothing for voiding your invoice...

they have every right to give you absolutely nothing... your "money" being tied up with the bank is really beyond thier control... sure it was them that had the pricing error, but it was you guys who ordered it...

imo, the free upgrade in shipping and the $25 some people are getting is nothing but courtesy

if you are worried about $30 dollars being tied up, then you shouldn't have bought the drive in the first place... not to mention it hasn't really been taken from your account, just your 'available balance' has been deducted

just keep it in mind and don't bite the hand that feeds you...

i guess its true no good deed goes unpunished

goodcooper said:
they have every right to give you absolutely nothing... your "money" being tied up with the bank is really beyond thier control... sure it was them that had the pricing error, but it was you guys who ordered it...
I never said it was newegg's fault, I was just mentioning that if they charged your debit card, you are out of money. The fact that reversing transaction takes a while is likely more related to banks or the likes of Visa/ MC.
It is common practice for banks to make money off their customers, for example when you deposit a check.

f'd in the a - i ordered something and did not get it.

there was no "good deed" done here.

furthermore, i have no concern over $30 being tied up. please ship me that jump to conclusions board game you've got there. i always wanted one.

None the less it WAS their mistake. Not mine, I buy a product from you, and you say it was the wrong price. I will have to respect that but I will be uneasy from puchasing from you again. And a little courtesy gesture would definately help that.

Im saying wrong price, because that is what the CSR rep told me over the phone last night. Even though other reps are telling people other excuses, so who really knows what it really was.

Back