Smart move or not?

Would it be smart to get rid of my current mobo(a7n8x-x) for $50 and purchase an Abit NF7-S?

i orginally purchased my mobo for $85, but that was when i was younger and now i have grown smarter

will the NF7-S show that much of a performance gain to be purchased? right now, my 2500+ can only hit 199x11/11.5 stable, it cant go to 200FSB because it SUCKS(bios rev) i tried flashing it, but it didnt work.:(

i hear people getting up to 240 FSB semi-easily with these boards. while i may not be able to hit that (my RAM) i can get to around 220 then up the multi

It seems as though the NF7-S is the best motherboard out for the AthlonXP line, so I'd so go for it. I only use Abit boards, so that alone would make it worthwhile for me.

Originally posted by djnes
It seems as though the NF7-S is the best motherboard out for the AthlonXP line, so I'd so go for it. I only use Abit boards, so that alone would make it worthwhile for me.

abit 4 life

just got my freind one of those, its really nice. instant OC to 2.4 ghz W/ slk900u, and 92mm fan fsb only 200 tho. he just bought it, and he got an unlocked barton. i about shit myself. got it from newegg too. NJ if you are wondering. i may just get the same setup, its nice.

Yea i hear that the DFI ultra infinity is also good, can someone tell me exactly how it compares to the almighty NF7-S?

Back