Smallest gaming PC to shove behind TV for 4K gaming??

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
So, love my XBSX. Graphical fidelity leaves something to be desired. But I have Game Pass so my games are on PC and on the XB.

Anyway, looking for something tiny to shove in the entertainment center to one-up the XB. I don't need bleeding edge by any means, just smallish(size of the XBSX perhaps?)

Is some micro PC the right way to go, a laptop, or figuring out how to run some HDMI over optical thingy?

Meh, HDMI 2.0 no thanks.

It's odd how difficult this is lol. Like, why doesn't someone have some mini-itx something that can run AAA games on High settings 4K? Sitting 8' away on a 65", I don't need ALL the detail.

I wonder if there is something that I can run under the house from my PC to the TV. Some kind of crazy fiber thing?

Are you sure it's HDMI 2.0? It says 2x and it also has USB4 2x.

I do remember a certain someone using a crazy fiber thing for his setup at home.

Since you said your wallet is old enough kindly let it search for his "Corning Optical Thunderbolt 3" Video.

I do remember a certain someone using a crazy fiber thing for his setup at home.

Search for his "Corning Optical Thunderbolt 3" Video.

Yeah, I remember Linus doing a thing. Just don't remember if he ever finalized it

After a few iterations he did.

And lol:
Researching this again just now reveals he did another upgrade. His old one did have the odd protocoll issue. Mostly during setup.

He seems to have gone to an even more expensive setup: "Replacing my Icron Raven"

Says 2x 60Hz. *shrug*

It's got 4 video outputs two USB4 and two HDMI:

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 6.00.11 PM.png

My couch gaming / media streaming Pc is a 5600x and 6800xt itx box in a Sliger Conswole case. It does 4K 60 on everything I play and I’m ok with 1440p high detail sitting so far away as well. Played some Starfield for a few hours today.
Shitty pic but runs and looks fine.

Attachments

• IMG_5697.jpeg
    IMG_5697.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5698.jpeg
    IMG_5698.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 0
My couch gaming / media streaming Pc is a 5600x and 6800xt itx box in a Sliger Conswole case. It does 4K 60 on everything I play and I’m ok with 1440p high detail sitting so far away as well. Played some Starfield for a few hours today.
Shitty pic but runs and looks fine.
What planet you find my rifle on dammit?

Ha!
I believe I picked this one up on a pirate elimination mission from the board. Random drop. I actually bought the first Hard Target I had at a vendor somewhere. Fun rifle for sure.

Well, build it out!!
7800X3D, Thermalright 240mm AIO, GIGABYTE B650I AORUS Ultra, 32GB DDR5-6000 (or faster), 7900XT or 4070Ti/4080 depending on budget and preference. That will destroy an Xbox. (I'd say 7900XTX but the 700w probably won't be enough...)

The other cases would be smaller but your cost would be significantly higher given the current sale on the Revolt 3.

7800X3D, Thermalright 240mm AIO, GIGABYTE B650I AORUS Ultra, 32GB DDR5-6000 (or faster), 7900XT or 4070Ti/4080 depending on budget and preference. That will destroy an Xbox. (I'd say 7900XTX but the 700w probably won't be enough...)
That will fit in that little case?

Back