Smallest case that fits ATX mobo part 2?

pavel

Gawd
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1706662&page=2

Lian-Li PC-A05FNB?

Why don't ppl like the revision and suggest to find an older/original A05? Something to do with the orientation or position of the PSU?

I am wondering because I was discouraged looking at itx boards and the lack of features but paying a premium. This is in Canada. So, I looked at ATX boards and next, I'll look at mATX. At least, there's way more features/options for a similar or even cheaper price. I want a small case.

If I go back to itx, this post and subsequent suggestions (?) might help future builders if they have the same idea? I thought of a Silverstone GD09/10 (I forget the model) HTPC case but then I thought the cooling might be worse than the mini-towers.

The planned components include an i5-6400 or i5-6500 but I might go with a G4400 at the start. I was planning a SFX PSU purchase in the future but I have read quite a few horror stories on Silverstone SFX power supplies. Unfortunately, in Canada, it's Silverstone or Seasonic except with the latter, only 300W ones. So, it's mostly Silverstone. If I went with an ATX case, I could try to find a short ATX power supply? What about that? I think there's a few that are around 140mm? Or could take my chances with SFX.

In Canada, the prices are horrible.... many of the itx boards in the US, for e.g., are under $200 but in Canada, they are well over $200 for the same board.

I kinda liked the ASRock Z170 Extreme 3 and ASUS H170 PRO GAMING. Quite a few of the Gigabyte boards looked good, too. I was mostly looking at boards that had one M.2, Intel NIC, and somewhat decent caps at least. I was hoping for Realtek ALC892 audio at least but anything like that is a bonus. I can upgrade the sound later and if I get an ATX or mATX board, I can use a sound card for $50.

I'm mostly wondering if I can find a small ATX case because I don't want any large towers or even a large mini/mid-tower is too large.

Is the Lian-Li PC-A05FNB good for a small tower? Is it the only one? I can't get Jonsbo cases and Rosewill, the manufacturer of Jonsbo clones who will ship to Canadian vendors doesn't offer the full line. I can only find some Rosewill U2/U3 cases and some of these are outdated, I think, even. Nothing interesting that is ATX, unfortunately. So, I am rather limited with case selection especially ATX for something small.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Or should I look at mATX? Maybe, there's more selections and I'd have to compromise with mobo features (for e.g., no USB 3.1 typea/c). With itx, there is even less features but a high price and that's the compromise for going small.

Back