Smallest available micro ATX?

chx

Gawd
The smallest unavailable must be the Evercase ECE0526 (also called Coolermaster Elite 100, I think): it mounts a Flex ATX supply on top of the expansion slots, getting to 69.6 x 318 x 262 mm. Given that the micro ATX motherboard itself is 244 × 244 mm, it'd be very hard to create a smaller one :) Anything similar available anywhere?

Last edited:
Don't think so, this should be the smallest possible. Very interesting idea, but I don't see why you'd even need mATX in that case over mITX. I guess more RAM is useful to a few people, though.

The HP Slimline s5000 series computer cases will fit a four-slot mATX motherboard,
BUT the last 2 slots don't have rear slots and the TFX power supply sits above those slots.
** HP hosted a number of economical AMD and Intel motherboards in this case. **

I have an Intel DH87RL motherboard with a i7-4770S Haswell processor (65 W TDP)
installed in one of these cases, with a Seasonic SS-350TGM power supply.
---
Such a build required a bit of planning, but with addition of the optional HP designed Wi-Fi
antennas (for this case) and the Intel AC-7260 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth wireless card (mounts on DH87RL mobo) --
it is a flexible, powerful solution in a small space.

The HP Slimline s5000 series computer cases will fit a four-slot mATX motherboard,
BUT the last 2 slots don't have rear slots and the TFX power supply sits above those slots.
** HP hosted a number of economical AMD and Intel motherboards in this case. **

I have an Intel DH87RL motherboard with a i7-4770S Haswell processor (65 W TDP)
installed in one of these cases, with a Seasonic SS-350TGM power supply.
---
Such a build required a bit of planning, but with addition of the optional HP designed Wi-Fi
antennas (for this case) and the Intel AC-7260 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth wireless card (mounts on DH87RL mobo) --
it is a flexible, powerful solution in a small space.
Do you have any pics of your build? I just googled the case and it actually looks great and a sleeper. Reminds me of car builds where someone gets an average looking wagon and throws in a fast engine.

Sucks about the bottom 2 slots though. Kinda defeats the purpose.

I've seen threads where guys are putting mATX mobos in Hadrons after drilling out the drive bay. Made possible by the 1U PSU. Check the OCN Hadron owners thread, detailed instructions.

The HP s5000 is an 'new generation' design from the original s3000 cases
that were designed for mDTX AMD motherboards (circa 2007).
Those cases have FlexATX power supply at top of case and only handle mITX or mDTX.
--
This is what a factory HP s5000 media version looks like (photo below), tight packing,
with their motherboard and 160-180 watt TFX power supply.
Notice the mATX mobo below power supply? The HP case has all mATX threaded mounting points.
HP often used Foxconn custom boards (AMD ir Intel), with 3 or 4-slots in these builds.
The hard drive area is under the DVD.

52409i9A377D5A6E7FB1B2

I started with an empty HP s5000 case (saved from dumpster, dead HP by local user.
I will need to take a few photos, but here are pieces:

Design: Powerful, BUT Quiet and within thermal constraints of case.
Keep cable lengths to minimum (power supply, etc.) to keep airflow routes clear.
Computer running Windiws 10 Pro (from Windows 7 Pro upgraded)

Intel DH87RL (Round Lake) mATX motherboard, -- sadly BIOS doesn't support 4790 (end of line)
Intel i7-4770S (65 w) Haswell CPU
Intel 7260-AC Wireless card (WiFi, Bluetooth) -- fits mPCIe slot on board (saves expansion slot)
HP wireless antenna options (thanks eBay OEM surplus sellers) antennas hide inside front & back plastic of case.
HP/Samsung DVD w/remote header for remote front button eject.
SanDisk ExtremePro 480 GB SSD (only drive in computer, other than DVD)
Seasonic SS-350TGM TFX power supply (350 watt), modular to customize cables.
http://seasonic.com/product/ss-350-tgm-active-pfc-f0/

Noctua NF-B9 Redux-1600-PWM
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=94&lng=en
====
I also used same style case for a GA-H97N-WIFI build.
I like to have my Wi-Fi /Bluetooth antennas in the desktop case design (Laptop style).
Permits real no wire flexibility.
====
I can not hear the fans running, unless I am performing significant programs.
IRONICALLY, the mITX board runs warmer (fan revs up) -- likely due to mITX component density --
even with more space around mobo.

Last edited:
Back