Small Switch to mount on my rack?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I have a small 16 port linksys switch that is not normal length of rack mounts but saw someone with an extended rack mount that gaps the distance so I can mount this small little guy on my HP full size rackmount.

I have a Linksys EtherFasr 4116
Link

Does anyone know where I can get this from? I checked Linksys website and can't find them :(

carloswill said:
I have a small 16 port linksys switch that is not normal length of rack mounts but saw someone with an extended rack mount that gaps the distance so I can mount this small little guy on my HP full size rackmount.

I have a Linksys EtherFasr 4116
Link

Does anyone know where I can get this from? I checked Linksys website and can't find them :(

Try CDW

carloswill said:
CDW does not seem to carry miscellanious stuff like that...

they came with the switch.. i don't know of anyplace to get them.. maybe ebay..

I am not talking about the ones that came with the actual switch. The switch I have is a small switch and not the regular size that would fit into a server rack. I need tabs that will gab the distance on the rack so I can mount my small switch as it was a normal size one. I saw my school had them but their admin is a prick and never wants to talk to students because he is too important for that stuff.

Thanks for any info.

linksys said:
The EtherFast 4116's compact size fits into any environment, or install it using the included rack mount brackets.

Are the brackets it came with too small?

It came with equipment but its like trying to mount a hard drive in a CDROM bay. It just wont fit because the drive is too small.

Rackmounts are set for specific sized switches and routers. I don't know what the standard size is but my switch is obviously too small but I would like an adapter to make the tabs reach the rack mount holes.

I have a 16 port linksys rackmount switch: (third device from top)
IMG_1085.JPG

I plan on upgrading to a Cisco so if you'd like to buy it from me, PM an offer.

-Robert

carloswill said:
Correct, I don't have them and I am trying to find them.

Contact Linksys, I'm sure they'll help you. Maybe they'll even send you a set for free or just charge you a few bucks.

roberttran said:
I plan on upgrading to a Cisco so if you'd like to buy it from me, PM an offer.

-Robert

You do understand I just want the mounting brackets and not the switch itself, right? $15 bucks.

Back