small issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextr3k

Gawd
Ok, so i recently bought a whole computer off the forums from a really nice guy. We'd chat everyday during the shipping process, he shipped it express and it arrived, thru canadian customs in record time, 3 business days + a weekend.

I am extremely impressed with the components and the condition of the system. Nothing but good things to say about the overclocking and stability.

So here lies my problem, I have 2 extra SATA drives from an old build that contains my backups. But he neglected to include the extra drive rails needed to mount the harddrives. This is a toolless case, so theres no place to actually just screw in the hdd's, the bays are too wide. He agreed to ship the backplate (also mssing) and the rails when he gets time.

I sent him a pm to ask about his heatware to leave good heat and check up the status of the stuff, he logged on 2 days after i sent the pm, but didnt reply and hasnt been on since.

I have good things to say about him, good trader good communication, good price, good hardware. But i dont want to spend more money for stuff that should have been included and even if i could, Coolermaster doesnt sell replacement parts. =(

so uh....what do i do, lol.

I have his MSN, but i'm not sure it's his main email. He hasnt logged onto msn since then either =(.

I suggest just posting in the free stuff thread, the guy is obviously blowing you off, and it's to bad when people do this, I always strive to keep my buyers happy.

i want to have faith, that he will send them.....but its been 2 weeks since we finished the deal and i really wanna use my harddrives...

i want to have faith, that he will send them.....but its been 2 weeks since we finished the deal and i really wanna use my harddrives...

Why not connect the hard drives and lay them in the bay with a fan blowing on them? Probably an easy fit when having them on their sides. Just don't knock the case and tip them over. :) Anyways, good luck on getting the missing parts.

its a hollow bay. The bay has these cut out holes which rise from the sides for the rails to rest on. Otherwise there is not top or bottom to each section. So if i were just to leave it, it'd be lying on the bottom of the case freefalling around.

Here is what im talking about, if you look closely, the large purple clips are the 5.25" bays, then the 2 smaller purple clips are the floppy bays. Then at the bottom theres 2 rows of metal sides, thats the hdd bays. Its made so the back of the drives are facing outwards, easy access mode. but this also means its completely open, so cant exactly just rest the hdds on the bottom of the case =(

cm_mystic_03.jpg

Umm. . .

The hard drives should fit in the floppy bays. Just stick them in there until you can get the rails you need.

Atomic Rooster, you are a smart man. Now i just gotta figure out the wiring and heat issues =(.

Any updates? Received parts yet? Not trying to get the seller put on the DNT list...because obviously it's the 'follow-through' that he's lacking in...not the actual transaction process.

Nope, he still hasn't been online. I sent an email to his paypal address and nothing.

Techdude01 was nice enough that he had extras that he sent me. When they arrive i should be good. =(

Any updates? Received parts yet? Not trying to get the seller put on the DNT list...because obviously it's the 'follow-through' that he's lacking in...not the actual transaction process.

He did absolutely NOTHING WRONG! Put him in your DNT for all he cares, which I doubt he does.

He sold a prebuilt computer, it was built and assembled per his components, now if the user who bought it wants to add things to it, fine, but don't expect the seller who sold him the prebuilt computer to include everything and then some.

I do believe he is a good trader. I am satisfied by the transaction, which is why I'm not posting his name. All parts are working. However, I do remember asking him if all the case accessories were included and he confirmed that they were. Now in his defense all parts needed to get the system up and running are included, so only partial accessories are included. But seriously, 4 pieces of plastic does not weigh much and he would have absolutely no use for them after he sold the case.

I have absolutely no problem if he just outright said, "No, I don't have them" or pointed me to somewhere I can buy replacements. My problem is that he said he found them, and would find a cheap way to ship them, then completely cut off communications from then till now, 3 weeks and nothing.

I have absolutely no problem if he just outright said, "No, I don't have them" or pointed me to somewhere I can buy replacements. My problem is that he said he found them, and would find a cheap way to ship them, then completely cut off communications from then till now, 3 weeks and nothing.
next time buy from gateway and get customer support / assistance.

He's a solo man who sold you a computer, the bottom line is, once you pay, and you get what you wanted in working condition, communication afterwards is CUT. Simple as that.

Im locking this up since its just going to start to turn in to a big argument. If OP or seller wants to update something. Send a PM to a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back