small high density temporary wireless network. need some ideas/leads.

mord

Limp Gawd
I work for a non profit organization that needs to setup wireless connectivity for a week long event. We only need this for one particular class room. People will be comming and going about every hour or two and need to quickly get on the internet, download some files, listen to a lecture then post feedback on an online form. Problem is its about 300 people at a time in tight stadium style seeting. Coverage is no problem but that density is more then I have worked with before.

Beeing non profit, cost is always a big issue, but we have to have something reliable and usable. It needs to "just work" with any win XP, Vista, or recent mac OS. Laptop specific malfunctions etc excluded. So no customization on the laptops or entering access codes, SSID manualy etc. I have no control or prior access to the laptops. I won't have anything like a MAC addy list.

Not considering the upend pipe to the Internet, what gear setup can we get that can support 300 people logging in to download 10+meg files all at once, from a crouded room?

Back