sm 3.0 enabled on X800 pro for FARCRY

Results like this!!!
Notice how realistic everything looks..

fc1.jpg

WOW imagin The quality on a GOD6800GT You would be able to see the grasshoppers :eek: Oh wait a minute Nvidia paid for them as well lmfao j/k :D

PhyberOptik said:
Man, those mercs will have a field day with all those sailboats on the water :D

I FOUND YA! IM GONNA LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON YA! COME ON OUT YOU WIMP! YOUR ASS IS GRASS! IM GONNA FIX YOUR LITTLE RED WAGON! WHERE DID HE GO?! LOST CONTACT! I GUESS IT WAS NOTHING!

The absolute worst part of Far Cry, the Mercs and there stupid voices + dialogue.

Games won't look like that for 10 years minimum. Remember, developers code for the lowest common denominator, meaning the hardware would have to be ready in ~7 years. That won't happen unless there is a really big breakthrough.

Of course this is just my opinion and speculation, but I'd bet on it.

If we see another performance leap of the same size with the Graphics cards in the next generation, it won't be very long until games look like real life (or at least as good as HDTV).

kcthebrewer said:
If we see another performance leap of the same size with the Graphics cards in the next generation, it won't be very long until games look like real life (or at least as good as HDTV).

That's all good and well, but what worries me is that the gaming industry has tapped out all the good ideas, and even though the new games might have realistic, gorgeous graphics, the gaming experience will simply be rehashed. Realistic graphics sn't going to transform the industry, we have already reached the limits of overall creativity from the industry.

Way I see it, the next best thing isn't going to be huge single player graphics, but huge multi-player battles. I'd much rather prefer a huge-scale multi-player experience (think d-day) than a photo-realistic rehash of an idea that has been done a thousand times

Back