SLi Connector and Mobo Selection

Hey all. I'm going to be building a gaming machine with 2 BFG 7900 GTs on an Intel BOXD975XBXLKR motherboard. First off, where do I get the SLi connector? I haven't had much luck finding one. Second, someone mentioned to me that I was going to have trouble getting SLi to work on this machine due to the mobo. Any thoughts?

SlI will only work on motherboards with Nvidia Nforce SLI chipsets, you could only use this motherboard with one 7950GX2 it would the same as getting 2 7900GT's. :cool:

jgdiaz said:
SlI will only work on motherboards with Nvidia Nforce SLI chipsets, you could only use this motherboard with one 7950GX2 it would the same as getting 2 7900GT's. :cool:

People have gotten SLi to work on intel boards... Couldn't tell you how to do it, but I know it has been done.

From what I can tell, teh connector is available for purchase from the Motherboards website(maybe not Intel) I too have seen the non Nforce 4 work, but the systems did have to PCI-e slots, and an advanced interconnect system built onto the board.

let me know if that works out.......very interesting

Least said:
People have gotten SLi to work on intel boards... Couldn't tell you how to do it, but I know it has been done.

I had not heard this, but hey if it can work, all I can say got for it and try!!!!. :p :D

Back