SLI and Steam games - Need assistance!

bpmurrGT

[H]ard|Gawd
I picked up Dead Rising 2 during the Steam sale. For someone reason I can't get SLI to work on the game with the 260.99 drivers. Performance is actually worse with SLI on. The game doesn't show up under the NVIDIA available game profiles even though it's installed on the PC. I'm assuming that's because of the way Steam handles game installs. Hopefully somebody here can help me out with this. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Perhaps you can rename the executable? Is Dead Rising a game that has a profile and you just cannot activate it?

Perhaps you can rename the executable? Is Dead Rising a game that has a profile and you just cannot activate it?

If I uncheck the Show only programs found on this computer under the Program Settings Tab in Manage 3D Settings section of the NVIDIA Control Panel there is a Dead Rising 2 profile. However, since the game was installed via Steam it doesn't show as being installed on the PC.

I guess my questions revolves around how games installed via Steam work with SLI? Steam itself has a SLI profile but does that transfer over to the games and do they run their best that way? My experience with Dead Rising 2 is different than the test Hard OCP did with their 460's and Dead Rising 2.

Thanks for the link but the drivers I have already have a more current profile update.

Last edited:
Back