Skynet 2 !

Got a 6701 I think it is, slows me down to 25k, 4 something TPFs
this normal?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm getting 23k with a lower OC, yep this is normal (sadly). I think I used to pull 12k with out the OC though. So this is a big jump, even though it is from a much much smaller base.

That sucks, you would think harder work would reward better lol

o well, hitting the sack, I'll OC more when I wake up, rig is still stable at mentioned speeds
hope to hit 3.6 tonight :)

Trying Windows Big Adv and a posable was to use 19multi in 30 minutes, updating front page with new info now!! Good day in folding, good day...

yup, got front page updated, also found a way to get 19 multiplier so at 189 BCLK im now at 3.59 ghz

Draw looks to be 495 watts with my max power P95 + internet test. Temps at 58-64, im guessing fans going up and down

still stress testing 3.6 ghz now!!

Nice so the sr2 can force the turbo multiplier?

Good to know

Cant force it, but turbo is an extension of speed step, and once you enable Speed Step you can enable Turbo. You cant force it, but once you get to using 100% it will up the multi with turbo. good enough for all intensive folding uses

Add these here now, one I get the stable OC as high as it goes I'll redo the numbers

185x19 (3.51 Ghz) - Temps (folding) 56-60's - Draw (folding) 428 watts - Proj 6053 TPF/PPD 1:43/41,480 ppd

EDIT
and these are ES cpu's so Turbo is on them too
and most guides ive read say disable speed step to OC better, but leaving it on on the SR2 is how you get turbo.
All voltages and other settings are still Auto :)

EDIT x2
Project 6076 - TPF 1:40 - PPD 43,300

Last edited:
Running P95 on 195x19 (3.7 ghz)

draw - 542
temps - 65 to 70

I was able to get post on 200, 195 with trip chan boot into windows, but it was not folding stable.

I'm trying 195 with dual chan memory @ 800. I think this might work....

On 200 now, 5 minutes in my stress test, I'll let it sit here for a bit then try some A3s

Numbers for Stress Test (Added fans, now running 5 120mm's on max)
Draw : 565 Watts
Temps : 67-71

Going to try some A3's now, numbers will be lower because folding doesnt pull as much , BRB!!

Ok Im back. After 30 minutes stress I'm trying an A3. Now temps and draw will be up because I had to raise voltages. also I'm running more fans and such. Trimmed a few windows services off as well. Report back soon with good news, but I'm finally able to break 30k on shitty 6701 :)

ok, so here we go
200x19 (3.8 Ghz) with lowest ram divider (6 I think)
proj 6702 - TPF 4:00 - PPD 31,000 - Draw 500 - Temps 63 to 67 tops

new record for stable OC, gonna push more later, probly just the memory tho

Last edited:
200x19 (3.8 Ghz) with 2:8
proj 6023 - TPF 1:36 - PPD 45,500

200x19 (3.8 Ghz) with 2:8
proj 6023 - TPF 1:36 - PPD 45,500

You making me want to volt this thing before I go away on biz.

BTW, mail man just showed up, thanx :)

Wana trade heat for the.... 20th time or so :p

You know you wanna play with it :) And yea, heat posted, they changed alot since i was last there

I'm 15 minutes from posting my first WU at 3.8 Ghz, if it runs all night I'll update my front page with 3.8 Ghz as my max stable OC.

I really wanna shoot for 4.0 Ghz now tho....

Edit---
ok, screw it, Im going for it. 205 Bclk (3.9 Ghz). Dropped my memory speed to 2:6 to be safe.
Project 6064 - 9 frames in - TPF 1:34 - PPD 47,450

Last edited:
What volt settings are ya running?

Ram is 800?
QPI 4.8?

You guys are really making me want to get one of these things...DAMN YOU! :)

That is a nice overclock on a 2.4 GHz chip. Nice job!

With a pair of X5650's, you should be able to hit 100K PpD with one box :D

With native Linux -bigadv, yes. 100k+ is easy.

Windows -bigadv PPD is much lower, though. I'm only getting about 88k on mine.

With native Linux -bigadv, yes. 100k+ is easy.

Windows -bigadv PPD is much lower, though. I'm only getting about 88k on mine.

It is an A2 bigadv versus an A3 bigadv difference you are seeing, not a Windows versus Linux difference. A3 bigadv in Linux was slightly slower than in Windows. A2 bigadv in Linux was were you saw the 121K ppd. Those days are unfortunately gone.

OK, things are going slow now ith one hand only, but I'm still shooting for 4.0Ghz to be folding stable, I think that will be a huge achievement.

Anyways, I had lock ups at 205 with my old settings
VCC - 1.32
VTT - 1.35
IOH - 1.4
Memory 2:8
So I dropped bclk back down to 202 and completed over 80 A3 units with no fails at those settings

Now, based on info from other SR2 owners and intel's spec for my CPU im at
VCC - 1.35 (1.34 on full max load in CPUz so i have some breathing room yet)
VTT - 1.375
IOH - 1.4
Memory 2:6

These values put me at the top of the recomended ceiling, everything else from here on out (except one more bump on the vcore) will be over volting, so whatever max i hit here is still in standards.

Testing at 205 now (3.9 Ghz) - P95 numbers, see first page for info on how test is run - 5 fans total
Draw : 603 Watts
Temps : 68-76 (min max over 30 minutes) AVG 73
Folding temps/draws will be much lower

603 watts.... wow....

I think I've got myself stable at 200, but a couple days will show that out. I played with the settings from the EVGA thread. So far so good.... I just hope I hold. I'll be happy with 3.8.

Good job one handed surfer :)

I know 4ghz is a natural Target, but didn't your power draw skyrocket? I thought I remembered draw more like 500w

Dont forget I had to up voltages and this is under a mac heat/power stress test, folding is much lower

For example, at the new settings im getting....
Proj - 6073
TPF - 1:32
PPD - 49,100
Draw : 517
Temps :63 - 68

(At 3.8 I had 1:36 TPF almost 45k ppd)

Last edited:
Good job one handed surfer :)

I know 4ghz is a natural Target, but didn't your power draw skyrocket? I thought I remembered draw more like 500w

I'm at 200 and my power is 540 (wow that is higher than I thought it was going to be). However I'm not sure if 200MHz is worth the heat, power and wear on the parts.

Can one of you confirm that I only need 2 of the 8 pin power connectors for this board? I have 1 - 2x4 pin molex to 8 pin power adapter laying around here, but no others. I think that should work with one of my TX750's. I'd hate to get everything here and be missing a cable or something silly.

Seeing these results, I can't wait! The board should be here tomorrow, and the CPUs are in the mail now and will probably get here Wednesday or Thursday. I have 6 x 2GB memory that I have been running at 1600. I may not get as high clock speeds (depending on whether or not I will have turbo - these are ES chips), but I should be able to have the memory running at a full 1600 triple channel. it will be an interesting comparison.

I have D0 ES chips

At 205...
Proj - 6073
TPF - 1:32
PPD - 49,100
Draw : 517
Temps :63 - 68, Avg @ 65

(At 3.8 I had 1:36 TPF almost 45k ppd)

And im using that same PSU with an adaptor
2x 8 pins
2x 6 pins
1x floppy pin
and main power connector, all i have

the board has one more 6 pin incase you use multi gpus

I'm only using the two 8 pin connectors. I didn't populate any of the six pin connectors yet.

What are the 2 6-pins and the floppy connector for? I'll have a Radeon 300 card in it, which shouldn't need any external power.

According to the huge ass fold out that comes with the board they are recomended for getting higher overclocks, and the floppy provides extra power to the USB bus, when oc's get high some users have reported flaky USB perif's dropping commands on them, never had a problem on mine with the additional input

I never even noticed the floppy connector, heh. I'll keep that in mind.

You'll just not need the last 6 pin, I'd say use the other 2 6pins and the floppy if you can

Get that big poster out, very helpful

I know were men here and real men don't look at things folded up like maps but trust me, it's not a map, it's ok

What are the 2 6-pins and the floppy connector for? I'll have a Radeon 300 card in it, which shouldn't need any external power.

You only NEED the 2x 8 pin. There are 2 more 6 pin for extra power during OC-ing. There are still more 6 pins for getting power to all the PCIe lanes.

A 750TX will work perfect. I'm also using a 2x molex to 8 pin ATX.

3.9 Ghz seems stable, on my second unit right now

49k ppd on a 6073, avg draw is 515 watts
PPD/Watt : 95.14 on A3's
Should be over 100 once I get to the new bigadv units :)

Well Im hoping to cross the 50,000 PPD line with A3s before I open up on BigAdv

Try to take my thunder Nitro, I'll show you lol

Well, this will be my final update until I go bigadv. My goal for 4Ghz isn't gonna happen without exceeding the recomended limits. I was windows stable, but I couldn't get my stress testto run at 4. 3.95 ran fine but to make sure I'm stable I'm sticking with 3.9 Ghz. Only changes now are I upped the memory to 2:8 and left the timings on auto but with a 2 command rate. Adding .01 volts to the memory to ensure stability.

Front page will be updated later with all my current findings and 3.9 as my max stable OC. I hope this thread has been helpful to everyone, it's been fun learning some of the ins and outs of OC'ing on a top of the line board. I'll make another thread in a week or two about my SR2 housing and I'll move all this info to that to keep it all organized and clean

if you can think of anything else let me know, thanks guys, it's been really fun building this beast!!

Back