Skull & Bones

No surprise at all. I still suspect Ubisoft would have lost less money shitcanning this thing several years ago vs putting it out by hook or by crook. No wonder they are in trouble. It's like some of these companies are really in business to lose money with some of the absurd decisions. (In and out of gaming)

No surprise at all. I still suspect Ubisoft would have lost less money shitcanning this thing several years ago vs putting it out by hook or by crook. No wonder they are in trouble. It's like some of these companies are really in business to lose money with some of the absurd decisions. (In and out of gaming)

Skull & Bones should have been an easy win for Ubisoft...just make a sequel to Black Flag and rake in the $$

Shit leadership. Should have come out 5-6 years ago, but they likely ruined this with live service requirements when the game was nearly finished half a decade ago.

Yep. Ubisoft is suffering from a lot of management issues. Yves needs to go, likely along with the rest of the board and several of their studio heads. The company is in desperate need of some housekeeping and reorganizing.

Yep. Ubisoft is suffering from a lot of management issues. Yves needs to go, likely along with the rest of the board and several of their studio heads. The company is in desperate need of some housekeeping and reorganizing.
could not agree more. (y)(y)

Well, I finished Lies of P so I decided to just do a replay of black flag. Works perfectly fine with the ultra-widescreen patched binary.

Hopefully black flag does what Arkham Knight is doing right now with having more players compared to the 'latest release' to send these idiots a message.

Lmao this presenter is hilarious 😂
If you like WAB you should check out this guy, both for his humor and brutal, no f*cks given commentary on the industry.

View: https://youtu.be/-8K6Dq3da-U?si=kIaarAvbIqEvIEFw

I don't even usually watch long form VG reviews. but his take on Starfield was so dead on and hilarious I've listened to it a few times just for entertainment while doing something else.

Back on topic, everything I've been seeing about S&B lately has been...well, I think you all already know.

View: https://youtu.be/1TmImpBt0lE?si=cq8WEpgdoP0LITjH

Derangel summed it up well in post 129.

In addition to everything else that's already been said...

Isn't there also the fact that an IGN 7 is usually like a real world 4?

Plus shilled reviews are apparently much more of an issue than I thought these days, so be extra wary of YouTubers who might be on the publisher's take. And that isn't even touching on the "community managers" that police the subreddits in order to keep praise high and criticisms squelched. Thankfully shouldn't have that issue here.

Plus shilled reviews are apparently much more of an issue than I thought these days, so be extra wary of YouTubers who might be on the publisher's take. And that isn't even touching on the "community managers" that police the subreddits in order to keep praise high and criticisms squelched. Thankfully shouldn't have that issue here.

IGN added a new reviewer a few months ago (at least I think he's new) and I like his reviews much better than IGN's previous ones...I'm seeing other reviews as well giving the game a 7...seems like the initial wave of reviews were really terrible and now slightly more positive reviews are out after people have spent more time playing it without the rush to get them out on Day 1

In addition to everything else that's already been said...

I don't think it's that low but of course you're not going to agree with some reviews more than others. From what I've seen about the game it's not that it's terrible or anything, just that it's not as good as Black Flag which is a very highly rated game.

Over the course of 11 years a company with Ubisoft's resources should be able to make a Black Flag 2.0 that's better than this.
Yeah but it's ubisoft. They are pros at rehashing the same game in a new setting but have been pretty poor at innovation. I'm not even sure how much they used black flag as a template at this point given how old it is.

Yeah but it's ubisoft. They are pros at rehashing the same game in a new setting but have been pretty poor at innovation. I'm not even sure how much they used black flag as a template at this point given how old it is.

Seems like every 3rd or 4th Assassin's Creed = an overhaul to their formula. They then follow it with a polished up follow-up that dials everything in...and 2-3 more games that milk that formula to death.
Black Flag was the polished up version of AC3. One lazy but effective option would be to just move S&B to the engine from Origins-Mirage and just pile on the naval combat, island hopping, and fortress battles from Black Flag. Just bigger, badder, faster, more. That wouldn't have taken 11 years and it's kinda what everyone wanted.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back