sitting with new ati 9800 pro , best drivers needed ASAP

Blasterboy460

[H]ard|Gawd
ok as i have said i am sitting after i just installed the 9800 pro and ran driver cleaner, i read the faq's for a few mins and noticed how bad the 4.4's seem to be so whats the most stable fastest drivers out right now?

ima go take a shower and check back

What, you bought an ATI card and want perfect drivers?

*ducks*

:p

No, the Catalyst 4.4s are the best out there for it. They aren't as bad as the readme makes it sound.

I still use the 4.2's :D The 4.4's look to have a problem with the second demo level of FarCry (apparently absent in retail version) if that's important to you.
I'd personally use the Omega 4.4's and in fact I'm downloading them right now ;)

Oh, you can find them here if you didn't know.

i prefer the omega 4.2 myself. but the omega 4.4 are really good too. i'm still in the process of comparing both but the 4.2 have a very slight lead in most benches. by slight i mean onlya few 10th of a frame here and there

I never understood questions like this. You should always use the newest drivers, and if you have an issue with them then try the next newest and so on.

i downloded the omega 4.4's and am downloading the farcry demo now, i cant wait to see what this looks like

Back