SiS Xabre 400 GPU

LANKING

n00b
Well, i remember hearing a lot about these when they first came out, and not really even looking at them since it is an SiS chipset.....And we all know their reputation regarding graphics chips. Anyways, i'm looking for an EXTREMELY cost efficent video card for a LAN computer i'm building, which will only be used for games, and only at LAN. Mostly call of duty, warcraft 3, and such. I'm a poor college student.

I was wondering how this card would perform in call of duty and other similar first person shooters? Now keep in mind what i need does not have to be the end all of power, nor am I a lan "showoff." These cards are very cheap, and I have done a bit of homework on them, and the general feeling is that they are slightly faster than the GF4 Mx440 ( the other card in consideration), but the Xabre cards seem to have very shakey drivers leading to inconsistent performance.

I have used a athlon 2400+ equiped with GF4 Mx 440 at lan ( friends back up) and found call of duty ran quite acceptably on high settings. However, i am looking for an even cheaper solution to the GF 4 Mx.

So my real question is, have the Xabre drivers been fixed and has the performance issues been smoothed out? Because from what i understand these cards have the capability to be a real sleeper with better drivers. Thanks!

Hi,

I got both Xabre400 & MX44-8X. Xabre outperform MX440-8X in most benchmarks.....but that is benchmark, not game like Call Of Duty or any other. If u wanna know really, goto xabregamers.dgwh.com or xabregamers.cjb.net. Hope u'll find ur answers there.

Back