SiS 760GX chipset vs. VIA K8M800 chipset

rsnellma

Gawd
I am hoping someone can help me make a decision fast. I am looking at purchasing an AMD Socket 754 MicroATX motherboard so I can move my current parts to a SFF case, like this one or this one or maybe even this one .

But the only MicroATX motherboards for Socket 754 come with either the SiS 760GX chipset or the VIA K8M800 chipset. I usually go with a Nvidia chipset like Nforce 3 250Gb, but since I cannot find one to purchase that is out of the question.

So, which is the more reliable long lasting motherboard chipset? I don't care to overclock or anything fancy like that, just want something that runs reliable.

Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

I personally prefer Via to SiS, but I can't back that up with any hard data. I think Via has done a decent job with keeping drivers up to date on their website, and my personal experience with Via has been ok as long as I wasn't OCing.

You could always get the Biostar T-Force s754 mATX board. It has the 6100 chipset in mATX with a PCIe x16 slot for video. Not sure if you need AGP or not.

Back