SiN Episodes: Emergence updates today.

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
Ritual has responded very quickly to concerns brought up in the steam forums.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]These are the notes for the first patch to SiN Episodes: Emergence that will be coming out tomorrow evening.

- Fixed a bug sometimes causing the challenge to never ease up on the player, making it unforgiving.
This was a bug with some triggers that caused the Personal Challenge System's internal clocks to become confused. This meant that the system was not working as intended, preventing the system from correcting itself when the game became difficult. Everyone is affected by this patch because the game will reset some variables in order to compensate for some variables possibly being changed incorrectly. If you resume a saved game it may still be too hard for the first few deaths--but shortly thereafter the system will readjust itself accordingly.

- Fixed a bug that may have been causing sound-stuttering issues for some players.
This fix was recommended by Valve, as it was their fix for this same issue for HL2. We have included the fix, but have also included a command-line flag to disable this fix, in case it does not help some users. The command-line switch to disable this fix is -mode2. We do not think many people will need the command-line switch, but we added it just in case.

- Fixed a bug where changing the FOV made you a cheater.
This enables players who need to change the fov in order to not become nauseous can now change it between 75 and 110 degrees without being considered a cheater. This change is being provided as a community service, and is otherwise not supported.

- Fixed player stats not always reporting while you are in the car or otherwise locked in place.
- Fixed the instantaneous challenge rating sometimes reporting 0.
Both of these were sometimes causing the game to seem like you weren't getting stats. These could affect stats saving and reporting.

- Fixed a texture problem that was causing a lock-up on some video cards when loading in U4Labs.
- Fixed a texture problem that was causing a crash on some video cards when fighting the Quadralex.
- Fixed a texture problem that was causing a crash on some video cards when inside of green poison gas.

These were the big crash bugs that were being reported on the forums.

- Fixed a path-finding issue preventing the game from progressing after talking with Radek at his headquarters.
This occured in U4 Lab 02. If Radek was blocked or something happened that caused him to miss a waypoint, the player would get stuck in a 10x8 room for eternity. While this will fix these issues for people who are just now entering into the room, if you have a save game with you in the room, you will need to load an earlier save game.

- Reduced point-size on some fonts to fix some close captioning to not fit for some languages
Some people were having problems with excessively long close captioning lines not displaying. This fixes the vast majority of those issues.

- Fixed a path-finding issue with one map.
This would only affect people in a non-interactive cinematic, and only occured on an extremely small percentage of systems.
link
[/font]

I don't even know if I want to play it again after the agony I went through the first time around.

Once I got to the offices in the tower, it was neigh impossible.

That and the obvious respawning of enemies put me off for awhile.

silasbear said:
I don't even know if I want to play it again after the agony I went through the first time around.

Once I got to the offices in the tower, it was neigh impossible.

That and the obvious respawning of enemies put me off for awhile.
See, I never ran into the diffuculty problems everyone is talking about. I set the slider at like 85% and it was fucking hard, but never impossible. Just gotta quicksave every time you land a shot ;)

I never had any of those problems.
I had to switch up my tactics every now and again but it was great.

Only issue I had is when you get in the car at the part where you get to fire from inside the
car the control list flashes so fast I couldn't read it.

Something about Up Down and Left Right?
I figured enough of it out though.

mentok1982 said:

Only issue I had is when you get in the car at the part where you get to fire from inside the

Normally, I play every game at its hardest difficulty, but when I got to the offices and had to face 10 chaingunners in one room that each take 3 shotgun blasts to the face or ten rounds from the machine gun, I got really frustrated from incessant dying.

I could have handled it if it was 25% chaingunners and 75% regular guys, but I never got that option.

Did I mention the respawning enemies right in front of my eyes?
:rolleyes:

mentok1982 said:

Wow!! You can fire while inside the car? I never even saw the control list flash. I just waited till the car stopped, got out and killed everything.

Moose777 said:
Wow!! You can fire while inside the car? I never even saw the control list flash. I just waited till the car stopped, got out and killed everything.
you can...but at least in the first version you had to lean out the window.

you can lean out of the car and fire. When you are in the car going to the main building you can lean out and take out the machine gunner while your moving so you dont have to deal with him when the car stops. If you put your mouse over the side window glass (just a sliver is shown) you can roll the windows up. If the window is up and you lean out the window will go down first, I thought this was kind of cool. You can also move into the back seat. Just play with the WASD keys for a bit and you will figure it out.

I am on my 3rd time through the game and have noticed a few things about the difficulty level. If you dont want the game to get insanely hard, dont do to many head shots. If you kill everyone with headshots you end up with way more machine gunners in the final levels (I did this my second time through and it was a pain in the butt).

There are alot of exploding barrels, green barrels, gas canisters etc in the game. Use these to you advantage and alot of the fights will be alot easier. Also, in most cases you can even backtrack a little and the enemy will come after you in 1's and 2's instead of as a group. This works with the machine gunners also, back up a little and go behind a corner and come out and fire a few shots until the machine gun starts going and then hide again. Repeat a few times and you got him.

This game is a hard game but it is not as hard as some people are making it out to be.

Are there any reviews out on it yet? I'm thinking about buying it, but not sure.

Back