SimCity for $27.59

carlbme

[H]ard|Gawd
If you to Indian Origin Store you can get SimCity Limited Edition for 1,499 rupees or $27.59 USD. Just fill out all your information like normal, just make sure you put India as the country.
It takes a little while for your order to get reviewed (mine took two hours), but it goes through and the game pops up in your Origin account.

Last edited:
Yup, you are correct. But I fixed it, or so it seems for me anyway. Try the link again.

2,499 is for the Digital Deluxe version, the Limited Edition version is 1,499.
And I'm not sure why this would cause any issues with your Origin account, you are paying for it directly from EA.

When you checked out did it use USD or RS? If it used RS won't your bank charge you a fee for foreign commerce?

At least from my experience so far, one benefit Origin has over Steam is that it seems to be entirely region-free. You can use any key you want and play a game just fine. I have activated foreign keys on Origin without any issue, just like if I had a U.S key. This is in contrast to Steam, where I have had to use a VPN at times.

This sounds like a good price for the the game.
I did this once with the russian version of BF3 and I had to redownload english every time they patched the game. I certainly would not do that again. Is this the same?

I tried with the Russian version on release and the order didn't go through but the charge is stuck as pending. I'll try again with the Indian portal. The Russian order got reviewed and cancelled.

This is obviously against the TOS. Don't be surprised if the game gets taken off your account or your account becomes locked.

When you checked out did it use USD or RS? If it used RS won't your bank charge you a fee for foreign commerce?

Most credit cards charge a 1% to 3% foreign transaction free, with many (American Express, Capital One) not charging a fee. On a $25 purchase, 3% works out to 75 cents.

Just an update for everyone, the game showed up in my origin account and I am downloading it now.

http:///Y2TyrJ

Edit: In case you forgot about this massive grey market game ban on Steam, here you go. Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys

Modern Warfare is the ONLY series where I have heard of gray market keys causing any problems. Any they only removed the game, they didn't ban any steam accounts. There is no way they could get away with locking people out of potentially hundreds to thousands of dollars of software over activating a grey market key.

I've purchased quite a few grey market steam keys, and i've never had a single problem.

Modern Warfare is the ONLY series where I have heard of gray market keys causing any problems. Any they only removed the game, they didn't ban any steam accounts. There is no way they could get away with locking people out of potentially hundreds to thousands of dollars of software over activating a grey market key.

I've purchased quite a few grey market steam keys, and i've never had a single problem.

Yes, that's a case where they banned an entire swath of keys. Just because you haven't of grey market keys causing problems doesn't mean a cursory search won't turn up many results that differ from your uninformed opinion.

The bottom line is, you obviously get to do whatever you want with your own money. If that means violating TOS and scamming developers out of money with grey market keys, it's your own ethics that are questionable.

Yes, that's a case where they banned an entire swath of keys. Just because you haven't of grey market keys causing problems doesn't mean a cursory search won't turn up many results that differ from your uninformed opinion.

The bottom line is, you obviously get to do whatever you want with your own money. If that means violating TOS and scamming developers out of money with grey market keys, it's your own ethics that are questionable.

Developers? Or EA?

Isn't this what free trade is all about?

I bought the game this way and it registered on my account shortly thereafter. Made a new account though just in case.

·PitBuLL·;1039689241 said:
Seems like a fantastic way to get your Origin account banned.

Ya buying a game from Origin's website. That will get you banned.

Developers? Or EA?

Isn't this what free trade is all about?

I said developer, and that's what I meant. A fraction of game profits circle back to them.

Yes, that's what free trade is all about. However, we don't live in an economy where the free market reigns. A free market is is stark contrast to our reality, which is a mixed regulated market. That's pretty basic microeconomics.

There's some irony in this whole thing.

EA not refunding people for a non-working product is pretty questionable, if not evil, ethics wise.

I guess it's a bit of karma, they screwed their customers, now other people are screwing them in return. Couldn't have happened to a nicer company!

EDIT: Oh, the developers aren't losing anything, unless you're referring the the corporation. Since the decision to screw their customers was a corporate corporate decision, it's only fitting they get fisted. The developers (the actual Johns making the game) get a salary regardless.

Last edited:
There's some irony in this whole thing.

EA not refunding people for a non-working product is pretty questionable, if not evil, ethics wise.

I guess it's a bit of karma, they screwed their customers, now other people are screwing them in return. Couldn't have happened to a nicer company!

EDIT: Oh, the developers aren't losing anything, unless you're referring the the corporation. Since the decision to screw their customers was a corporate corporate decision, it's only fitting they get fisted. The developers (the actual Johns making the game) get a salary regardless.

Saying the developers aren't losing anything is very short-sighted. What do you think happens to those salary workers when the publisher's royalties aren't covering the studio's costs?

Can you link a direct link to the game itself? I'm a bit cornfused, is it called Sim City Societies over there?

Thanks.

Can you link a direct link to the game itself? I'm a bit cornfused, is it called Sim City Societies over there?

Thanks.

Sim City Societies is an entirely different game. It's a dumbed down Sim City title from 2007.

Missed it. I'd pay $30 or under for it. Not a dime more, though (maybe a dime, but not two dimes). It's still broken in my eyes, but when it's fixed, I'd like a good deal.

Back