Silverstone SX500-LG - paperclip trick help

bencho

2[H]4U
Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have the pinout for the mobo cable on the SX500-LG?

I want to test a replacement unit for a busted fan before I swap out. I know shorting the "green" and "black" is the way to go but all the flat cabling is all black?

Here, all standard ATX supplies use the same pin layout, so you can just learn the layout and not have to worry about looking at the wire colors.

Hey,

So this one is an SFX-LG. Does that still follow the same pinouts?

I posted here as I got conflicting data. I did find resources that indicate the same pinout you provided - 4th pin from the LEFT with the clip facing up and the ground next to it.

However, I also found this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs
The two Silverstone PSUs listed are the 450/600 watt SFX (first post and open spoiler) It lists the PS_ON as the 4th pin from RIGHT with the clip facing up.

I'm a little wary of shorting two 5v leads together >___<

Which is correct?

Those pinouts are for the modular connectors that go into the PSU.. ATX spec is ATX spec, nobody makes custom pin layouts for the actual components connectors, otherwise...they wouldn't be to spec.

*edit*

The images seem conflicting, but that's because the image I linked is assuming you are holding the connector and looking into it. The images on that post you linked are assuming you are looking at them from the rear, where the pins go into the connector
As always with my pin-outs you're looking at the connector from the rear (where the wire is inserted).

That's probably to help people when they're redoing/making custom cables so that they get the layout right when inserting the pins.

Last edited:
pin 14 is pin 14 at the mobo OP

they are all the same

Back