Silverstone Sugo SG09

Really enjoyed this building in this case, this thread helped me finalize my decision to purchase an SG09, thought I would thank you by posting some pictures of the build! I would like to mention this was my first SFF build. I did run into some difficulties using an H60i with the SG09... There wasn't enough clearance to use the GTX 770 and the H60i in the first PCIE slot, so I went down to the 3rd slot, no biggie. The 120mm side fan pushed against the PCIE connections, again, no biggie. Really happy with how the build turned out, temperatures are GREAT! (AP181, AP121, and a Corsair SP 120 (rear exhaust) fan). It was interesting using a non modular PSU... By no means impossible, but with a higher wattage (more cables to hide), would be more difficult.

My system

CPU: Intel i7-3770k

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB

Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M

Chassis: Silverstone SG09

RAM: Patriot Vipre 16GB (2x8GB) @ 1600MHz

Storage: Kingstone HyperX 120GB SSD x 2 (Raid 0) + 1 TB WD Black HDD

PSU: Corsair 600W non-modular PSU

Now, the mandatory pictures:

Front of the fully loaded SG09

This is where the magic happens...

Aerial view

Does anyone know where to get a thin IEC to thin left angle IEC cable?
This is for the whole seasonic power supply fiasco thing.

I had a look online, all i could find was:
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-P0...qid=1398904999&sr=1-3&keywords=c13+left+angle
31pve4C0reL.jpg

But the left angle plug looks far too thick.

I also found a low profile head:
http://www.cordsets.com/Products/tabid/377/ProdID/115/CatID/104/Default.aspx#
makethumbnail.ashx

115_11c3a.jpg

But i couldn't find a way to buy any cables from that site.

EDIT: Just got the first cable. It measures 40mm. The original one is 25mm. I don't think it'll be possible to find a left angle connector that is 25mm...

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just got this case, got almost everything ready and connected and then, UGHHHHHH!!! Power extension is at the wrong angle for my Corsaid HX620. Is this not an issue that Silverstone saw coming. Wish I had known about this before I bought the case.

Looking back I'm not sure if there is an easy solution to this besides removing the side fan or replace it. As of now I replaced it with and extra 92mm fan I had, but that is less than ideal. I planned to have the 120mm and add on my extra 92mm fan. Now my cooling is at stock, minus the difference the 120mm fan may have given instead of the 92mm.

Last edited:
Power extension is at the wrong angle for my Corsaid HX620. Is this not an issue that Silverstone saw coming. Wish I had known about this before I bought the case.

If you look at the ATX power supply specification, page 72, then you will see that there is a specific position intended for the power socket. Obviously Corsair have ignored this part of the specification and put the socket too close to the side of the PSU. Silverstone can't really anticipate that other manufacturers ignore agreed specifications.

http://formfactors.org/developer/specs/Power_Supply_Design_Guide_Desktop_Platform_Rev_1_2.pdf

Back