Silverstone ML05 ITX Case

Thanks for your thoughts on this case.

That GPU heatsink looks rather beefy. I wonder if drive cable clearance would be any better with other cards that have lower profile coolers?

Thanks for your thoughts on this case.

That GPU heatsink looks rather beefy. I wonder if drive cable clearance would be any better with other cards that have lower profile coolers?

Good point. Many heatsinks also aren't as long as the full card length.

Edit: And card lengths video too.

Last edited:
I beleive that many case makers still live in the dream of the mega large HTPC cases.
The future of HTPC is Intel nuc sized.

This case would be in the catagory micro/low end gaming case for me.
Or perhaps server case.

This case would be nice if the PSU was standing up not laying down. Letting the GPU get two slots (read one slot and space for cooler) both the vertical and the parrallell against the mobo.

So in my oppinion:

Very close but not close enough.
The measurements of the case is perfect. The layout is good.
The flaws overwealming.

Anyone tried one of these yet? I'm looking at fitting a power supply in there. A Seasonic SS-300SFD. It's a half inch taller due to the fan on top of the power supply. I'm guessing it probably does not fit.

Got a question for anyone with an ML05.

The SST website says there's room for nearly 3" of GPU width. I'm assuming that's a typo, and referring to card height (low profile).

From the pics, with the PSU installed, it looks like the pretty standard "single slot" clearance - 20mm or so. What I'm wondering is, without the PSU installed, are there other obstacles in the way for GPU clearance? I see the support crossbar there, but it doesn't look like it would actually block anything.

Thinking that this would be a happy home for a system I currently have in an ISK 300 running off of a Pico PSU, and without the SFX PSU in there I could pop in a dual-slot low profile GPU - something I can't do in the ISK 300. Plus I could probably whip up an internal mounting bracket for the Pico PSU's power brick.

Thoughts?

Got a question for anyone with an ML05.

The SST website says there's room for nearly 3" of GPU width. I'm assuming that's a typo, and referring to card height (low profile).

From the pics, with the PSU installed, it looks like the pretty standard "single slot" clearance - 20mm or so. What I'm wondering is, without the PSU installed, are there other obstacles in the way for GPU clearance? I see the support crossbar there, but it doesn't look like it would actually block anything.

Thinking that this would be a happy home for a system I currently have in an ISK 300 running off of a Pico PSU, and without the SFX PSU in there I could pop in a dual-slot low profile GPU - something I can't do in the ISK 300. Plus I could probably whip up an internal mounting bracket for the Pico PSU's power brick.

Thoughts?

I have one and if you remove the psu you would be just fine as long as you keep in mind that you have space for one bracket and not two (possibily sacrificing the vga bracket):
Low_Profile_brackets.jpg

Back