SignUp for: The Official MVN [H]orde|Race (UD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvothe

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006
The Official MVN [H]orde|Race (UD)​

What it is:
This will be a timed race for 6 weeks (start time to +6 weeks start time). Whoever gains the most points, wins. This race is for the United Devices Grid.org project.

The [H]ard|Rules:
-Everyone with less then 25k points may sign up to race.
-Existing points at start of the race will not count towards your total
-At contest start time no more entries will be allowed
-At contest start time everyone has 0 (zero) points (for the purposes of the race)
-May at any point in time after the official race start, add as many computers as you can within Team Rules and Grid.org Guidelines
-By signing up to this contest, you attest that you will follow the [H]ard|Team Rules, and the Grid.org EULA Agreement -> READ THIS!
-If you are found breaking the [H]ard Team rules, or violating Grid.org EULA Agreements you are DQ'd

Numbers:
Stats will be updated bi-weekly, Mondays and Thursdays.
Daily during the final 7 days.

Prize:
Official [H]orde|DC MVN (Most Valuable Noobie) Trophy
The right to pimp yourself as the [H]ard|Folding MVN
and... maybe something a little extra...
t3h Winner will also get one uber pimped out (and very lucky) ticket for the awesome viper contest to win a new computer!!!!1!!!!111!!!

SIGNUPS WILL CLOSE ON: 6/5/05/ @ 11:00pm EST

Who to contact about the contest: KodiakStar and p[H]ant0m
[email protected]

To Sign up, Simply reply to this Thread with your [H]ard|Forum name and your UD Name

//\\//\\ Rules are Final - If you have questions or comments, email us. //\\//\\

--**-- This is a [H]ard|Distributed Computing Race, --**--
--**-- DO NOT contact any [H]ard|OCP staff. --**--
--**-- If you have problems contact KodiakStar, p[H]ant0m, or your DC mods DR_K13 or AtomicMoose --**--

Kyle is nice enough to let us run this, but we are running it, not [H]ard|OCP.

Guess I picked a good time to start UD!! (started last thursday)

forum =Oldbenwa
UD =[H]Oldbenwa

Oldbenwa

marty9876 said:
Is there a CPU limit with this?

Not for the UD race, just as long as you're under the 25k. We'd like to draw interest to UD and our other team in general so the widest possible audience of new UD'ers is what we're looking for.

I'm in. Haven't done UD before, so, as of 3 minutes ago, I am now folding for UD.

UD: lorddrucifer

p[H]ant0m said:
Not for the UD race, just as long as you're under the 25k. We'd like to draw interest to UD and our other team in general so the widest possible audience of new UD'ers is what we're looking for.

Can I enter twice, under two different names?

Contest entries so far...

1. rogue_jedi
2. Oldbenwa
3. Carnival Forces
4. Drucifer

Lets go people, signups are half way over!

Don't forget to help out the other side of the team, they have turned boxes over to help us time and time again, lets show them some love!

Damn... I guess I have too many points..... Are they points with the [H] or with UD altogether... cause I have about 400k w/o the [H]. :D

Ok guys, were now at the halfway point! Get those entries in! Remember, the winner gets an entry into the CPU giveaway. Also, for you guys that had too many points for F@H, this is a good chance to get in on something different and delve into UD!

okay, for the sake of this race i've put my main box (the A64 one, which is somehow stable on my SATA Install of Windows, it just can't burn CDs :rolleyes: ) on UD!

username: Carnival_Forces (with an underscore).

I see you are going to make me do it... darn you Carnival! :D

I will be temporarily suspending SETI @ Home on my old 1333 box to add it to UD... so, I will be bringing 2 CPU's to the fray:

My primary 3400 Claw at 2.5, and my 1333 @ sadly, stock, cause ECS don't OC for shi*.

Drucifer said:
I see you are going to make me do it... darn you Carnival! :D

I will be temporarily suspending SETI @ Home on my old 1333 box to add it to UD... so, I will be bringing 2 CPU's to the fray:

My primary 3400 Claw at 2.5, and my 1333 @ sadly, stock, cause ECS don't OC for shi*.
"1333" ? what's that?

1. rogue_jedi
2. Oldbenwa
3. Carnival Forces
4. Drucifer

(just as a side note, the last two have tried to sign up twice ;))

KodiakStar said:
1. rogue_jedi
2. Oldbenwa
3. Carnival Forces
4. Drucifer

(just as a side note, the last two have tried to sign up twice ;))
that's because you keep refusing to put the underscore between Carnival and Forces, like this: Carnival_Forces :eek:

hehe

I'd enter but.. I have too many points.. its like I'm being punished for starting 2 months before you guys :(

j/k .. Good luck all :D

Ok, I'm in.

Forum=marty9876
UD=Kicking[H]Oldbenwa-s-butt

marty9876 said:
UD=Kicking[H]Oldbenwa-s-butt
Good one. I am currently in the middle of a ROFL, which I plan to follow with a WTFOMGBBQ.

Carnival Forces said:
"1333" ? what's that?
What is a 1333, you ask?

A 1333 was a portable heater in the shape of a CPU made by AMD, called the Thunderbird...and, 5 years ago, was the pinnacle of performance with a 266 FSB! :D

i just upgraded my amd900 UD box (the only one so far :p) to a 1333 tbird. UD claims it to be 134% the speed of a 1.5ghz P4... i'd believe it. i'm actually running the machine with 384 mb of memory @ 133 fsb (mobo won't go higher :rolleyes: but at least it was all free) of which 256 is pc133 and 128 is pc100. working fine, though...

i may switch my main box over too, (at least for the time being - i.e. until stanford fixes squid compatibility) but we'll see.

Drucifer said:
What is a 1333, you ask?

A 1333 was a portable heater in the shape of a CPU made by AMD, called the Thunderbird...and, 5 years ago, was the pinnacle of performance with a 266 FSB! :D
Now that CF got his education :p, let's keep this on-topic please. :)

K guys, there's only one day left to get your entries in! So far there are only 5 people entered so get those entries in now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back